Old 07-20-2005   #21
Spits Hot Fire
N. Cascades, Washington
I'm with steve here, I pulled a guber chic out of upper mish last night, luckily she was cute...nothin like immasculating her boyfriend. She was gettin her ass kicked and flushed all over, her friends bailed out way above her, trying to stand in the middle of the river the whole time. They figured out it was pretty stupid after that. Extreme tubing...uh..yah...durrr

Justin, NRS just came out with tubes...huh-huh i said tubes. check it:

not sure how you could stash your safety kit in it though, looks better for hauling a cooler.

FLOWTORCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2005   #22
Knife Fork of the Spoon Paddling Since: 1984
Hey tube guys.... are you going to race in the Gore Race?? Could be your big chance shine!!

Fuzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2005   #23
Our proof is with Film the Rockies. His buzz handle is Flim_Maker. He will post your proof as soon as he can. Poudre Falls...mankster, seriously now. When you have to resort to lying you're nobodies better.
And yes, as I posted under the Gore sticky, barring any major longboarding injuries, there will be two of us at Gore for the Sat. race. I look forward to meeting some of you in person. And seriously, will anyone run Bailey with me on Sunday?
Tube1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2006   #24
Boulder, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2000
Re: tubing mentality?

I know these guys and they are doing the right things - wearing two wetsuits for impact protection/cold protection/ and floatation, helmet, pfd, throw bag and appropriate footwear. They are both collegiate swimmers, and they have gradually built up their abilities on progressively harder sections of rivers. They don't bring beer on the river or drink before going.

As a commercial raft guide with over 5,000 miles when I first heard about them I thought - these guys are crazy. But after getting to know the real story I have a lot of respect for them and what they do. Kayak, raft or tube – it is really about knowing your abilities and being properly prepared for what you are doing.
raftus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2006   #25
placerville, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1993
please let this dorkin' tubing thread die...
steven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2006   #26
I hate to get into this as I feel i am sulling my self. But between 76 and 78 my cousin and I ran most of the N. Fork of the Payette in tubes. During the fall the water was still warm and quite low. We got the tubes from my uncles discard pile at his ranch. I wore cut offs a t-shirt and high top chuckies(did'nt want to twist and ankle) and water ski vest. We had a small tube with an old aluminum coleman cooler packed with 3.2 Coors. We did portage a fair bit .

We would leave Sweet in the morning. Drive thru High Valley then down to Couger Mountain lodge. And pick up were we left off. Then go back thru Horseshoe Bend and hit the Triangle for more beer.

So anyway tube1 this be the digital age. And I am CALLING BULL SHIT. Show some pics or pucker up and Kiss all of my ass. Becuse you are about 2 generations past edgy on this. sj
sj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2006   #27
am i the only one that sees a tragedy forming?

i don't want to be the heavy, but man you will come to a point where you are going to push the limits of what a tube can safely do. Please buy a kayak. I have an old micro 230 that I repaired. it needs a seat and it isn't pretty, but you can have it. i'll even teach you to roll- i am ACA certified.

maybe I am being naive about your abilities with car parts, but there has been enough needless loss.

PM me if you want the boat.

sward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2006   #28
Jackson, Wyoming
Paddling Since: 94
Send a message via Yahoo to Gary E
I have tube black rock through golden. Didn't style rigo like rolf but ran everything. I've done waterton, foxton and south platte. I know gore has been tubed and everything on upper clear creek. The rest who knows. Sounds like a fun mission. Steve stop being a little bitch and go clean something already.

Gary E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2006   #29
Gary I used to respect you, but now that I hear about your relationship with rubber... I don't know.

Although you are the only one I've ever met who has boated usb with (1) or (2) broken ankles and a broken boat.

Give a man a break it's been a tough winter round here. Tubing sounds like bringing Chorter to a cage match as a tag team partner. Why take the chance.

sward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2006   #30
Englewood, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1978
NFSP = 46 cfs and plenty of ice bridges b/t Grant and Bailey, where there is a lot more sun than in the canyon.

Join up, suckas.

"People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought which they avoid."
- Soren Kierkegaard
Caspian is offline   Reply With Quote