Go Back   Mountain Buzz > Whitewater Boating > Whitewater Kayaking

Old 05-14-2006   #81
God Amongst Men
Phuoc My, Da Nang, THE 'NAM
Paddling Since: 1845
Originally Posted by kurfothich
yeti not to throw more fule on the fire, but there is way to much out there to "talk" about so im gonna have to agree with kyle. Y dont u get out there and paddle something! anything! i was as the gunnie play park today i didnt see u down there! dont get me wrong but listen most paddlers out there know the scope of the "first D" sceen and its cool and all but its not about that! its about KAYAKING being on the river with ur friends. shooting the chit! but thats my little rant maybe ill see u at the OB race or maybe even the upper east tomarrow?

the reason you didnt see me yesterday is because A) i dont go to play parks, i like to run shit and not play at one wave. its not to denigrate against playboaters; just not my cup of tea. and B) im in california in the midst of a two week paddling trip, so yeah. id probably be worried if you had seen me.

and cutch, i stated this before: because i dont RUN the super gnar (im just not at that skill yet), im not allowed to even look at possible 1st descents? this is the attitude i was talking about earlier- how about instead of telling me that, you go and claim the first d of the runs were finding. i obviously wont be as i am not a class VI expedition boater, but that doesnt mean you cant. ill keep doing my thing and not giving you guys shit for what you do, and you guys keep doing your shit and stop giving me shit for what i do.

steve, josh- like i said above, ill be in CA for another two weeks, but when i get back its going to be off the hook. ill be all over the state hiking and boating, and ive got a whole new list of runs to look at (if anyones curious i can post), so anyone that wants to go is welcome!

sward, tom, milo, et al- thanks for the wealth of information. answered a lot of questions about some creeks and rivers i had questions on (Little Cim, Robideau, Tab). Even if some people dont like to, i enjoy talking about what has and hasnt been run. ultimately it will help us to create a master list of streams that have been run and havent. ive been working on one slowly and before today i had ~300 runs on it. i will add the new ones today and see where i am at.

curecanti is good to go, they get a lot of water in that drainage. the only thing to look at would be the last ~1/4 to 1/2 mile, where it falls over some huge and gnarly cascades right before it pours into morrow point. the rest looks good to go though. ran blue creek on my way out to CA from the Arrowhead Ranch turn to where the big blue trail comes down to the road, very little wood and two fun class IV drops. a little bit of class III, and a damnnnnn beautiful canyon. also ran a section of the Santa Ana River here in Los Angeles, put in right below prado dam (is that legal?) and ran down about three to four miles. winding stream, class I and II most of the way but with class III and IV channels scattered about. One large angeled slide at the beginning (~20-30') that looked good but i chose to walk around. for being near LA and actually in a big city, the water was surprisingly clear and cold.

tom c- what san juan "park and hucks" are you referring to? im in agreement there, i know of several that i want to rally some kids to hit so i can video, a few of these include the unc in poughkeepsie gulch, the animas right below animas forks, needle creek into the animas, and cunningham gulch above howardsville. imogene creek and tomboy creek have some potential for a few short sections like you were talking about, but no big drops, just long bouldery V action. canyon creek has a realllllly good amount of potential, its only a matter of time until people run that. what are some of the ones youre eyeballing?

yetigonecrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2006   #82
To be honest I'm not sure of the names of a lot of the stuff. It's the stuff you mentioned plus several even smaller sections to run on little tiny drainages. I would have to get up there again and lock in the hubs to track down all the cool spots again. Maybe this will be the year.

Tom R Chamberlain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2006   #83
Originally Posted by yetigonecrazy
ill keep doing my thing and not giving you guys shit for what you do, and you guys keep doing your shit and stop giving me shit for what i do.
Sweet! well ive decided that all u Nigels up on MT buzz can stop being so nice to each other! Im sick of some boater on the internet telling me to stop talking shit, when im out there kayaking, you know that thing kayakers do. Fuck dood, get with the kayaker program who cares about 1st D its all about getting out there and challenging your self. So get out there and talk about stuff in ur still level. Stop talking Quatum Physics when u havent passed ur freshman science final! But who cares, ill kayak you'll talk about it. Y dont u go run the black with milo......... o remember to bring your hiking shoes!
kurfothich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2006   #84
6 pages?! why not print this post out and call it CRC III, the speculative guide. I'll throw in my two cents, super duper low volume lake fork creek flowing into turquoise Lake. Not sure if its a first D, don't really care. But its pretty fun and will probably get quite a bit higher this year than this photo shows:

leadpipes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2006   #85
God Amongst Men
Phuoc My, Da Nang, THE 'NAM
Paddling Since: 1845
hey kur, why do you insist on being a douchebag? i was going to say lets go boating when i get back to california, but now all ill extend to you is a big ole FUCK OFF. thats exactly the fucking attitude i was talking about. cayo, sward, tom c, all these big names of kayaking in our state are totally chill with this post, for thats what a forum should be, a place to share information. so why are you, some punk ass little bitch who invaded my town, acting all high and mighty and telling me what to do? im on a two week KAYAKING trip in CA, but oh yeah "i just talk about it and dont do it". so ill ask again, im not allowed to even TALK about these places, regardless of whether ive been there or not? like i already told cutch, how about instead of being a major leauge asshole (i didnt tell cutch that, because he, unlike you, is NOT an asshole) and TALKING ABOUT IT ON THE FORUM (the same thing youre yelling at me for.....) and go out there and bag one of these 1st d's! do you go on the rock report thread and tell people theyre whack because they just "talk about the rock"? is it not 'core enough to drop into something without knowing what it is?

i think its funny how the thing you diss on me for (posting on the forum instead of paddling) is actually the thing you do to. oh, you might not be discussing 1st d's, but you still go on and reply to my posts. so kur, come on, get out there and boat man, the internet isnt hardcore enough for you.

i dont even know what else to say. i dont really give a shit what anyone says, im going to keep doing this. im just trying to get some of you to realize that instead of being douchebags and dogging on this thread, that you just wise up and realize this is what mtn buzz is about. the sharing of information between people. not the continued dogging of people voer and over simply because they arent as good of paddlers as you.

the only reason this thread is getting super long is because i have to keep retorting to these douchebags that have sand in their vaginas and want to bitch about little things and not let mtn buzz be a cool place.

tom c- i do a LOT of exploring the juans every year, if youre interested id be down to go drive around and "lock in the hubs" to find some of these places this summer too. maybe a long weekend, tab one day and the juans another..?
yetigonecrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2006   #86
Oh really ?
Old 05-15-2006   #87
listen here yeti...... y dont u fuck off and ive invaded your town.......... ive been kayaking here since i was 10!!!!!!!!! i fucking grew up here buddy. and at one time i had all your enthusiasm when i first started kayaking but as u will find theres not very many good ie not manky runs that are easy to get to.... i mean come spring creek dood, its right on the taylor how many kayakers do u think have sceen it! i mean it nothing but wood fest. Get with the program and try to repect your elder bra...chauncy! theres a reason kyle and thoses boys try to ingnore you!
the gadget
kurfothich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2006   #88
LAGOONIA,i might be interesred in cleaning Geneva and doing short 1st d i've looked at it and thought it would be cool to bag something new so close to Denver,i think i was looking more at the class 3 part,pm me if you want.
Steven ,thanks for San Miguel data,was always sure there was stuff over there
Yeti,don't let these folks fuck with you ,you do what you do they do what they do.Most of the runs you are bringing up are probably Not practical for boating ,but by process of elimination we'll sort out which ones are,this is where the big dogs come in.Your lists are not the final word just a reference point.I know there are tons of short segments to be run/hucked by people interested /willing to work. glad you hit Blue Crk. always looked at that.Not to sure i am one of the big namesof Colorado kayaking since i 'm just 4/4+ duckyist and 3/3+ kayaker,but thanks. I JUST REALLY LIKE THE EXPLORATION ASPECT OF THE SPORT AND TRAVELING.
cayo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2006   #89
Mountains on the river!!!, Idaho
Paddling Since: 2002
Ok, this thread starting a long time back, mainly during the off season as something to think about. It gives boaters ideas about how to push their limit as well as get more experience.

Yeti- a great job starting this, and lots of boaters have contributed to it. Its great to see a post that can last more than 1 page of good ideas and advise. It seems like everyother post is either someone giving more information or giving Yeti crap. Make up your minds. How can just reading about 1st D's piss off so many people? If you dont have something good to say about this thread then just stop with the bashing and go kayak. That way this non-sense will go away.

I know yeti is defending himself and he has the right too, but 2/3 of this 6 page thread is about someone going at it w/ him and him giving it back. Go back to talking 1st D's, or just get of this thread!!

Yeti - give me a ring when you get back from that sick Ca boating. I move to Estes Park this weekend, and will start checking out the creeks there. If your around Memorial weekend, I'll be baseing out of Denver area with Bailey, waterton, royal gorge, clear creek and boulder on my mind if your interested. That goes for anyone else that wants to get on the river.

ski_kayak365 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2006   #90
Here's some dudes gettin' it done. Enough of the bickering. Get after it out there. No need to argue about the details.

Smokey Carter is offline   Reply With Quote