Go Back   Mountain Buzz > Whitewater Boating > Whitewater Kayaking

Old 05-09-2006   #51
God Amongst Men
Phuoc My, Da Nang, THE 'NAM
Paddling Since: 1845
ha ha, at least youre honest. i would agree, however, on the breck park sucking ass.

has anyone checked out upper upper tenmile from the co 91 bridge to copper mtn? the gradient looks good, as does the flow. a friend of mine commented on the quality of the water coming down from the climax ponds, but i would think a creek that runs through frisco like that would have all kinds of health controls on it, enough (i would assume) to make it safe for boating...?

yetigonecrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2006   #52
Breckenridge, Colorado

above copper from fremont area...the gradient is good to copper, good no big drops. Just continuous boogy water

freeheelintodd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2006   #53
chickin head

Thats real nice Yeti. Thanks for giving up the goods. Looks like ya made alot of cool friends too! WoW! This web thing is really cool. You must be the pride of CO. Least it sounds like yur pretty big! Thanks for the invite. I will be coming from MO in June. Do ya pay people to paddle with you. I could use the extra change with the high gas prices. If I dont get to meet ya in person I hope to a least take a shit on yur car hood. Wes
wes martin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2006   #54
Durango, Colorado
What's the word on the Pinos anybody? I went hiking up there last weekend and saw some epic shit; a 30-40 footer, miles long class 4-5, etc. The 30-40 footer landed in a boulder pile, FYI.
Anybody ran it yet?
DES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2006   #55
Hey Wes,
WhAT'S YOUR PROBLEM?Dude got a little carried away 'cause he's enthusiastic,but has obviously done a lot of research and wants to share his findings.Whats wrong with that?Keep your attitude and turd hood ornaments in Mizzou where they're in style,maybe you should go listen to John Ashcroft sing or something.
cayo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2006   #56
Denver, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1994
Keep your attitude in the Oazarks. If the guy puts the leg work in, and finds the goods AND wants to share, why shouldn't he. What do you care, you won't see anything that's not in the guidebook anyway.

CGM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2006   #57
God Amongst Men
Phuoc My, Da Nang, THE 'NAM
Paddling Since: 1845
ha ha, i didnt make any friends doing this. quite the ooposite in fact. i still think ToddG hates me, and i wouldnt be surprised if a lot of others do too.

fact of the matter is: these rivers and creeks are out there for everyone. why should just a select few be privvy to these special places?

everytime i find something cool hiking, boating, sking, etc, the first thing i do is let people know. why? because i want them to be able to experience the joy of getting there too. im sick of all these asshole johnny colorado boaters who think its up the them to keep their favorite runs to themselves. well hey fuckos, guess what. until you buy all the property rights on both sides, the property rights for the put ins and take outs, and acquire the extremely senior water rights neccesary to block people from floating through, then im gonna be there, then people will be there. so just deal with it.

this state has an unbelieveable amount of runnable stretches of whitewater, and i dont do this out of spite for people who want to keep their "stashes". im doing this because im simply curious, nothing more. some of the runs that people do (bakers box, toltec, etc) i probably wont ever do, but does that mean im not allowed to at least look at pictures of it?

the whole attitude of "this is my stash, not yours, stay out" is bullshit and its gotta stop. jsut because you bagged the first d doesnt mean you get to decide who goes in or not. only by having property right can you do that. basically, it doesnt take a lot of skill. the ability to read a map, some knowledge of geology, and the ability to figure out gradient is pretty much all you need to know to start looking for runs.

i will continue to keep posting as much info as i can about as many rivers and creeks that i can get to, and until someone physically makes it a big enough deal to stop me, then just deal with it. how about we all boat together and enjoy these places as friends, instead of being douchebags about it.

thanks for the support to everyone who gives it. i know some people dont like me, but like i said, i do it because im curious, and i do it with everyone in mind. this is how a forum should work. cool people letting other cool people know about cool stuff. lets keep it civil and we'll have even more places to enjoy in the state.

now that thats out of the way....

DES, the pinos would have to go i think. flow isnt an issue, and from what ive seen of hiking up the lower reaches, this is a gem waiting to be found. ive heard rumours of a "sizeable" waterfall by the granite peak guard station, looking on the map it looked like it could be between 50-80 ft, but if im wrong and the 30-40 ftr is the big one, let me know.

there are a couple good sized forks on the pinos that could have stuff on them too. Flint Creek, and Lake Fork come to mind first, but i imagine theres others. this is on my list to explore this summer from top to bottom, but i want to wait until the snow all melts from up high.

also ran a section of tomichi creek in gunny last night, surprising amount of fun. ran from just east of the airport to the confluence with gunny; a few no-prob fences, and a good number of diversion drops. a solid class III rapid to boot! really surprising with a 6 fpm gradient.
yetigonecrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2006   #58
DES, How far up the pinos did you hike? JJ always talked about some goods that you needed to pack to. But it sounded like you needed a horse. not sure if he got up there or not.

Life is either a daring adventure or nothing. Security does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than exposure. - Helen Keller
sward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2006   #59
Charc in = charc out
Seattle, Washington
Paddling Since: 1992
huh? i don't hate you Yeti, i don't even know who you are.
ToddG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2006   #60

Holy shit Yeti. Why do I have to explain this shit. You would think, ya god damn club boaters would go over some of these kind of things at yur monthly meeting. Its not cool people helping cool people. The people that will run the drops yur talking about dont need yur help. Nice try. Build yur ego sum other way please. Do you know where that shit goes after ya type it. All over. Its the World Wide Web. Dont be crying when some one steals your boat, shits on yur car hood, and knocks up all the fat broads in CO. Thanks to bros like you I can run all the the shit and the only work I will have to do is chunk beer cans out the winder on the drive over to the next cool spot I found on the net. Dont nun you chickinheads try an tell me to stay in MO. Yeti already invited me. Thanks again. Wes

wes martin is offline   Reply With Quote