Old 09-23-2008   #21
Send a message via AIM to xkayaker13
We got the ticket while driving back to the put-in. It was right where you turn onto the east portal road after entering the national park. A ranger stopped us, and we did not really have a good way to get out of it. Fortuantley, he only wrote us one $125 ticket and let us all split it. He could have given us each the $125 ticket.

Milo, want to go again next weekend? As usual, I have four day weekends... I know, college is tough.

xkayaker13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2008   #22
Jackson, Wyoming
Paddling Since: 94
Send a message via Yahoo to Gary E
Damn! Milo can speak something other then Dastin/Milo jiberish. I understood the 2nd post perfectly.

Gary E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2008   #23
Wydaho, Idaho
Paddling Since: 1996
I like the 1st post better. Milo, never met you, but I understood everything.....not sure why........
dvanhouten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008   #24
GWS, Colorado
xkayaker, how did he know you guys had a fire? Did he see it from the rim? Where were you camped? I was down there two weeks ago and we had a cooking fire going for awhile at cave camp. Going to be more careful about it next time. A few of us are coming up to the canyon from durango this weeked. Meet at put-in friday night if anyone is interested.
Shitouta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008   #25
Send a message via AIM to xkayaker13
Yea, they saw it from the canyon rim. We were camped at the cave camp. They also counted the number of kayaks that were around the camp so they could determine which group was down there. I might be game for this weekend. My phone # is 203-383-9368
xkayaker13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008   #26
Dipshit with the most.
Bellevue, Idaho
Paddling Since: 1991
Originally Posted by Gary E View Post
Damn! Milo can speak something other then Dastin/Milo jiberish. I understood the 2nd post perfectly.
The first post was fine. The second was like getting hitonhead with 2x4. And started to falll to sleepytime.

No more translations please. Maybe it helps that I was the Midnight poet at CB for a season on the bus. If you were forced to listen to the weirdest poetry I could find at midnight trying to get down the Mtn, welll tooo bad.
carvedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2008   #27
crested butte, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1990
Send a message via Yahoo to milo
.....xhairboater13.... georgia til sunday.... at least i have some ivy to scratch while here....early to mid week?....geeze training for sumthin'?...i WILL bang out 5 more runs this wanna join the speed team?....junior-ranger-420-cb....kevtee, not even the du kayak club president could capture all my thoughts and put them to paper....
milo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2008   #28
Asheville, North Carolina
Paddling Since: 98
capt'n GA. no shit... that's what I heard from Will lyons. Dude your are only 3 something hours away from the Rio Verde. We have releases Sat and Sun from 7-12. It would be sick if you rallied up here. I can help you find a boat and gear.

PS - you can carry your boat there and there's plenty of ivy too. Come join us for a sesh...

Bryan Owen 970-209-2404

Witness Buoyancy News as it Develops:
bowen is offline   Reply With Quote