Go Back   Mountain Buzz > Whitewater Boating > Whitewater Kayaking

Old 07-22-2004   #1
Final Throw Down Show Down -- Salida Tomorrow!!!

Hey everybody, here are the team results after the second Throw Down Show Down in Buena Vista. Thanks to everyone for coming out! It was a great competition, with over 20 competitors.

Salida beat Buena Vista with a score of 38.5 to 36.5. Very close!
This puts Salida ahead with a total of 84 points to 63.

As it stands, this means that Salida is winning, and the final competition will be in Salida. Let me know if you think it should be in the upper or lower hole. Come on out and compete for your chance to win a drawing for a Woody Custom Paddle. Competitors must either be present to win or have competed in at least two of the competitions. See you there!

Individual scores should be up by tonight.

Brooke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2004   #2
Lower hole gets my vote

Hey Brooke,

Thanks for putting these rodeos together. I vote for the lower hole. The upper was pretty seemy today. It was hard to do more than a few moves.

bradgoet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2004   #3
Competition tomorrow! Register at 6:15 PM.

Just letting everybody know that the final comp. is tomorrow (Tuesday, 27) night at the lower hole in Salida. Register between 6:00 and 6:30. There will be tons of prizes, the woody paddle will be drawn for, and grand prizes will be awarded. Come see who will win the Throw Down Show Down, Salida vs. Buena Vista rodeo series.

See you all there!

Brooke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2004   #4
Salida, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1993
The Vista is pretty firggin Buena from the top position. Salida has put down the northern uprising and once again shown our superiority. I saw Selby out in the lower hole yesterday practicing and I slept just fine last night. Where are all the big guns? Marky? Rednck? Worm? Are you staying away so that you have a good excuse all winter long for being crushed? It seems like until a few weeks ago there was a strong northerly wind blowing through Salida with all the talk coming from the BV River Park vicinity but since two weeks ago things have been unusually calm down here. Maybe you can find some pro ringers who are sleeping in Jed's front yard to bring down and help you save a little face? We'll be waiting...
Mike Harvey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2004   #5
BV, Colorado

Thats pretty big talk from the guy who was too ascared to throw down at the big hole last week.

esp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2004   #6
Salida, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1993
Hey now...there a little fiestyness from someone up in the great white north. I think you know I am not too worried about that pourover up there. For the record I had to be out of town to make some money for my babies, however I did not need to be there because my secert weapon (Brian L) absolutely demolished all the competition and KT Selby continues to put down any female that you all parade before us. So yeah, I am talking big because I have not seen anything to shut me up as of yet. Good Luck!!
Mike Harvey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2004   #7
BV, Colorado
I'll be the first to admit that even I faltered last week, and temporarily lost the reign of my title, however, I doubt that even the great one could possess the savvy, intellect, and skill required to topple my reign over none.

esp is offline   Reply With Quote