Old 08-11-2011   #1
Denver, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2004
Final 2011 Bailey Fest Info!

Yo Yo! See below for all the bailey fest info in one spot. Everything you need to know.

We will have a riverside camp spot on the paddle in to Bailey. Its got a 1/4 mile bumpy road that is best attempted by truck or suv. $10 suggested camp donation per person to help cover costs. If you want to donate more, please do. Hopefully I will break even, if I get more cash than the event costs, I will donate the rest to AW. Camping is leave no trace. We will have a porta potty. No fires on the ground or in make shift fire rings. Firepans, grills, stoves OK. Bring your own water. All campers will need to sign a liability waiver as part of my agreement with the landowner. We will have a foamie cross race sat evening, winner gets a villain, entry fee $15, foamies and course are set up. Sat night after dark we will have an outdoor movie screen set up to view video of that day. Got a PA and a generator to rock out tunes, gonna be a great party down by the river. See AW link for directions. The gate to the camp will be marked by a kayak paddle and it is ~3.2 miles from bailey on the left. If for some reason, someone jacks the paddle, its gate 7. The gate will look locked, but the chain will be simply wrapped around an unlocked. Open the gate, drive through and close the gate behind you please. If multiple cars are coming through, last car should close the gate, but don't lock it.

Camping Map Link

American Whitewater - aw:events_bailey

We will have a takeout party on saturday afternoon at the pine valley ranch park. Takeout party starts when I get off bailey, but should be around 2-2:30. We will have burgers and goodies. Oskar blues will be supplying lots of beer. AW will raffle off a jackson star kayak. Raffle tickets are obtained by signed up for a $25 annual AW membership. I hope everyone joins or renews their AW membership at the event to show our support for AW. AW has helped out a ton for this event and to keep it going in the future we need to work hand in hand.

Paddlers can run bailey any time they want, but we are planning for a 10am meet up on saturday at pine valley ranch park. Please work together to get the most boaters we can in shuttle vehicles. We will go up to the campground and launch from there. Low clearance vehicles can launch from McGraw park in bailey, but try to find a shuttle with a truck/suv. We will put on around 11-11:30. Run bailey... takeout at 2-2:30 and get the takeout party started. Takeout party will last til 5-6. We will then load up shuttle rigs and head for the campground. Bring your big shuttle rigs and we will attempt to leave enough rigs at pine valley ranch overnight so that we don't have to run shuttle sunday morning. I have 20 overnight parking permits to leave shuttle vehicles at pine valley ranch. Worst case scenario we have to run a shuttle sunday am, but we can launch from the campground. We will paddle sunday as soon as the hangovers are subsiding. Some groups launching early, I'm shooting for 10-11am launch.

The campground will be open for business starting friday. There will be a handful of folks getting there friday night. All boaters need to vacate the campground sun afternoon. I will do a final walk through to pick up and trash sunday afternoon, but please help out and keep the meadow clean. When arriving at the meadow, park vehicles on the left away from the creek and keep the meadow by the creek open.

The meadow is wide open and nice for tent camping, but there are some trees on the side for hammocks.

If you see any folks fishing on the other side of the river, its the landowners family, so show some respect, give them a wide berth, and be courteous.

Finally, HUGE thanks to this year's sponsors: American Whitewater, Jackson Kayak, Confluence Kayaks, Whitewater Tube Co., and Oskar Blues Brewing.

Campground had some limited cell service for me (verizon), could text and maybe talke depending on where I was standing.

Bring your own food for dinner and breakfasts, bring good vibes, and lets have a great Bailey Fest!!!

I will need some help at the takeout party and at the camp, so ask if you want to help.

I will also have T-shirts for $15. Sizes XL, L, M, and ladies S.

Beth will have a massage chair or table at the fest. Part of the proceeds will help fund bailey fest. Check it out!

Also, Dan Orion made some cool stickers. Thanks Dan. See Dan for stickers.

deepsouthpaddler is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011   #2
Denver, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2004
Heading up to Bailey Fest this morning to get set up. Any last minute questions etc, call me...

Its ON!

deepsouthpaddler is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011   #3
Indian Hills, Colorado
Hell yeah! Ian is the man for getting this set up. Stickers are $2 or 3 for $5 with proceeds covering print cost and the remainder going to Ian and AW. See me, the guy in the air cast.
DanOrion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011   #4
Evergreen, Colorado
Paddling Since: '92
"We're gonna need a bigger boat"
CBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011   #5
Laramie, Wyoming
Paddling Since: 06
Is it possible to take a 15' raft down on sat? will the flows be big enough to run?
tomyj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011   #6
Golden, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2000
15'? really? maybe you're not trying to be funny in which case a 15 foot raft is far too much boat on bailey. at the most i'd take a puma and 3 paddlers.
Just when I thought life was good, I put-on a river and it got better.
wyohitewater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2011   #7
Boulder, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2003
Odd request, but we were hoping to show some video from the day at camp Sat night. I just discovered I'm lacking the cable I need to go from video camera to laptop. If anyone is coming up tomorrow and has a firewire (1394) 4pin to 4pin (small plug on both ends) cable, could you bring it?
KSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2011   #8
Boulder, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2002
Kevin, Let me know if I can pick your cable up for you. 3o3-7o9-27o6
SueCherry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2011   #9
Golden, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2003
is there any way that those who couldn't make camp can also see these videos? great event this year. thanks to all who helped organize.
vito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011   #10
Colorado Springs, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2005
Anyone heading up this am (Sunday) I'd like to hook up with a crew if possible. Thx d
Nine seven oh six niner two nine foh ate ate.

Drew J.
funkins is offline   Reply With Quote