Go Back   Mountain Buzz > Whitewater Boating > Whitewater Kayaking

Old 08-26-2008   #1
KVBA TV8 Vail weatherman/Colorado Kayaker, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1992
Send a message via MSN to hobie
Figured I would pass this on. Still paddling Dagger boats but.....

Not that too many will care but I have resigned from Dagger as a brand and team manager. Time to pursue other things and paddle more. It has been an awesome journey and I appreciate every minute of it. Thanks to the original crew that taught me a lot. Steve Scarbourgh, Joe Pulliam, Tony Lee, Mike Steck, Andy Gilliam, Marc Lyle, Brian brown and Snowy. To all the team Dagger members who I still believe are the greatest representatives in the industry on so many levels. It has been one of the greatest gifts in my life to work with them and learn the industry from R&D to final product. And the paddling trips! Now there will be even more time to get after it on the water. Good luck to Dagger and the crew in Easley. Since the formal announcement went out I thought I would share.

Good Afternoon, It's with great regret that we announce Ken "Hobie" Hoeve's resignation as manager of Team Dagger so that he can devote more time to other industry-related interests. However, while we will miss his leadership, we won't be losing his passion, commitment and guidance as Hobie will continue to be involved as an extremely valuable member of the team. . Hobie began his relationship with Dagger 12 years ago. During this time, he has been an important part of its growth and has always been one of Dagger's most passionate ambassadors, fully dedicating himself to both the brand and the team. I personally want to thank him for all of the assistance he provided to me and I'm grateful that we'll continue to have the opportunity to work together. In the meantime, please don't hesitate to contact me (cheri.mckenzie@kayaker.com) or Courtney King (courtney.king@kayaker.com) with any questions, issues or needs that you may have. To all: Please join me in wishing Hobie all the best and thanking him for all that he has done for us and for Dagger. Glad to know that this is not goodbye. Cheri

hobie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2008   #2
Sweet So now we can go back to ripping on you as one of us. Istead of showing you respect as an esteemed member of the paddling elite. Just kidding of course good luck in the future I think you represented well. sj

sj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2008   #3
Salida, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1993
Good luck Hobie in whatever is next. There is no doubt that you have always been one of the great people in whitewater paddling. Proud to call you a friend and a sometime annoucing partner.
Mike Harvey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2008   #4
Boulder, Jackson Kayak, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1995
Send a message via Skype™ to thecraw
No doubt Hobie... You better still be interested in MC'ing for the Lyons Outdoor Games! Now we will have to put you on the payroll, but it would be worth every dime. You are the best announcer out there.

Good luck bro...
"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body. But rather...To skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming... WOW !!!! What a ride!!!!!!"
thecraw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2008   #5
Preacher of the Profit Paddling Since: 1990
Best of luck.

Life is like an Etch A Sketch, when you don't like what's going down... Shake it up and start over.

It's Daggers loss, but I'm sure you'll always be Dagger to the Bone.

New digs can be refreshing. It's been four months for me and I'm loving the new challange. If you ever need anything pm me. I don't get on very often anymore, but I do stop by every now and then.
I love to dance, but who needs the music- It throws me off.
Don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2008   #6

Congrats on the move and best of luck in all 29 of your new roles within the industry. You've always set the bar extremely high and set an example for others to follow and I believe folks will always remember that if nothing else - though there was that whole boxing thing.

Peace Bro
twitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2008   #7
4CRS, Durango, Colorado
Thanks Hobie

Thanks for everything. Over the years you have made burritos at our gear swap, dealt with challenging customers, given clinics, held demos, and been a great resource to me as a dealer. Thanks for being one of the few that is out there setting an example. Always approachable, always reachable, never an attitude. I look forward to seeing you on the water more. Thanks Hobie. Tony Miely 4CRS
TonyM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2008   #8
Evergreen, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1991
So what are the 29 other roles in the industry going to be?

I have only met you officially once. You gave me some solid advice on how to modify a G-force, which worked great.
benrodda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2008   #9
Self-Aggrandizing jackass
The Ranch, Colorado
Paddling Since: 04
Never met ya, Hobie, but best wishes. Oh, and does this mean we can drop shrooms and bust caps at the takeouts again, finally?
"self-aggrandizing jackass" - it says it right on the label
heliodorus04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2008   #10
Park City, Utah
Paddling Since: 1985
Don ? Hobie ?

Don, did you leave confluence. If so, to do what?

Hobie, What's next?

Good luck to boith of you. Man, I've been gone from Colorado for a long time.

Canada is offline   Reply With Quote