Old 03-02-2008   #11
Not a river guide, Ft. FunK
I'm sorry.

Sorry that there are too many sissy,fuitcake fucksticks around here that know what this is like. Ether? WTF??? That kinda talk is only comin from someone(s) with experience,homes. Ya nasty motherfucka.

Seriously,ok,lets start posting up favorites. Someone list their favorite top 5 spots to camp on Lodore and Dolores. We'll put all that information out there,just cause some joe-lazyass with a computer asked for it,and see what happens. Tell me your top five waves too. Your top 5 multi-day trips and their best campsites. The top five single-track trails in your area.Where should i camp on my last two nights on the San Juan--cause NOBODY will see this and there won't be anyMORE competition(cause it's not like competition isn't hard enough to get these permits anyways) for these spots. Let em fuckin figure it out from experience just like everyone else had to,you clueless gape.

Devils advocate
gapers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008   #12
Originally Posted by bradslob View Post
Of course the real satisfaction is eventually the bad karma will get you on the river, you can't avoid it.
OMG,one idiot at a time,please. Of course i don't expect many of you to agree with me. Idiots rule on this board.

So now i'm gonna have bad karma b/c i told some lazyass to do something himself? Ok,so the next time i see a homeless person on the street,and i don't give him change,the river karma is gonna get me?? If i accidentally(or intentionally) cut some one off on the highway is the river karma gonna get me? Where does this Karma payback end? Fuggin hippy! Rest assured,when i steal somebody's kayak or leave a buddy recirculating in a hole-THEN i may have some river karma coming my way. Until then-

Devils advocate
Old 03-02-2008   #13
There's at least a glimmer of intelligence there, but you still don't get it. The Yampa is in a National Park. Its among the most highly regulated rivers in the world. I think its been "discovered." I think the covers blown. Your being an asshole just to be an asshole. Guess the internet's for all sort of weirdos to get their rocks off. Have fun, keep it up, carry this thread as long as you want. I already got the advice I need, so I'm done.
bradslob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008   #14
The Yampa is not the issue here,dude!!! There are certain things you don't ask about. This being one of them. I honestly didn't even process that he said Yampa. I would have berated him if he were asking for the best campsites on the North fork of the middle upper Sewer Moose-nail-the-whale river.

Lazyass with internet asks for the best campsites on the San Juan.
Gaper replies back-Grand Gulch.
=hundreds of people read this and request Grand Gulch camp. Simple math. And i suck at math.
Devils advocate
Old 03-02-2008   #15
the fort, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2001
wow this looks like the craigslist rants and raves section. lighten up. the guy simply asked for a campsite. you've been there before, unless you were born with all river knowledge implanted in your head. if it's so f'ng hard to get on because of permits, how the hell can there be that many people asking for the same campsite at one time? seems like pretty easy math to me.
By the waterside I will lay my head.
Listen to the river sing sweet songs to rock my soul.
the_dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008   #16
Golden, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1984
Originally Posted by gapers View Post
Please let me stick my AT up your ass sideways
Hmmm....I don't see an AT paddle in your mom's basement...

El Flaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008   #17
Steamboat Springs, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2007
not too super familiar with the enitre yampa, but the town run has 3 or 4 man made play holes that charge during the run-off. It's park and play, plus there are all kinds of hikes in town: fish creek falls, spring creek, emerald mountain, up on rabbit ears- you'll have no problem wearing yourself out in the water and the land just from the stuff in town.
popthegnar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008   #18
Steamboat Springs West, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1995
Hope I piss someone off, but Dino yampa camps are'nt first come, you must select disired camps on your permit, later nps rangers will assign the P.H. his/her campscamps based on blah ,blah.... All of this is of couse month ('s) before the put in date
Aquaholict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008   #19
denver, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1994
yampa campgrounds

Whatever happens, take the long day from joneser hole, bug island is no fun and doesn't have the waterfall shower up the trail.
Warm spings is nice for repeated trip on the big wave for kayakers, easy to miss the campground.
Harding has a pretty cool cave on the other side of the river and nice side hike. Don't camp under the overhang, just an oven in the a.m, stay in the willows by the river.
If you are in the right frame of mind on flatwater day to scare the echo parkers then whistleing cave is interesting. Whirlpool canyon is a nice way to leave civilization again until arrival at joneser.
take me, take me.
SSOWDEN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2008   #20
canon city, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1978
oars in the numbers

Hey any suggestions for campsites on the Gila?

cayce weber is offline   Reply With Quote