Old 05-07-2012   #11
Avon, co Paddling Since: 2000
sf salmon options sesesh beta? logs?

SF Salmon this is a good IV+ self support. I've heard of the sesesh to sf to main with the magic loop shuttle up the farm road as an option. in 2009 I got turned away from the sesesh option because I was nervous about a few hard to notice log jam portages i heard of on the sesesh. upper section looked steep and gorged out from a mt bike recon sesh i did... not a lot of beta for sesesh so i would like to here a good trip report if anyone has done it. I was solo that time and opted for SF goat creek to SF to Main salmon. (still not a bad shuttle for a sweet multi day that is rarely run. goat creek is a worthy run.) I'm interested in the 'magic loop' sesesh shuttle this year though with a good crew and good conditions. see my post, idaho june trip. it is something magical like a 2 hour 4x4 shuttle for an 80 mile kayak or something. Check Whitewater state guidebook. Idaho 2nd week in june...let me know

empowered by the spirit of the Nizz
gnarseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012   #12
Boulder, Colorado
Paddling Since: 09
SF Salmon looks pretty sweet. Mike, that Secesh to SF to Main sounds great. Would love to join, but I can't leave until the 3rd week in june. I'd like to hear some more beta on the Secesh section if anyone has it. I haven't paddled a fully loaded boat yet and not sure I'd want to run a lot of continuos V all loaded down...

Mocha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012   #13
The Colorado Kayak Chronicle: South Fork Salmon River. Spawn there. has some eye candy from a trip 5 years ago.
Kyle McCutchen
Cutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012   #14
Buena Vista, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2005
How about Cataract? Permits are pretty easy to get, and at high water the big drops are considered class IV...
GARNA’s mission is to foster stewardship of the resources of the greater Arkansas River region through education, volunteerism and experiences.
lmyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012   #15
Durango, Colorado
Paddling Since: 06
I would do Cat unless you are willing to travel farther. It will be low water by then and the water will be swimable warm! Perhaps you can get a raft for that, it helps carry the beer.

incidentally a few of us did JarB last year, and you all should put that one on the list! We will call 1500 a medium flow, allow for 4.5 days total from Colorado if you have a 20 year old to drive all night. That gets you 3 nights on the river, one day being like a 30 miler.

I've never boated before, but I have posted a lot on Mountain Buzz!
rg5hole is offline   Reply With Quote