Old 05-01-2005   #1
EZG Play

Thinking about getting an EZG, but haven't had one in the river yet. I keep hearing how well it "runs rivers" , "cartwheels" etc. does anyone know how well it loops?

bingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2005   #2

The EZG loops OK depending on the your size and the boats size

Are you getting the 42,50 or the 60?

See you on the river,

mountainmiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2005   #3

Don't you know the boats that you sell? It's the ZG that comes in 48 and 54 sizes. The EZG comes in 42, 50, 60. Did your advice refer to the EZG or ZG?

I tried the EZG 50. I think it is the maturation of the combine river runner/play boat. Yes, it runs rivers well. It's still a short boat, so you have to stay balanced on the drops.

Other boats are also very similar to the EZG. The EZG 50 was small for me while the EZG 60 was too big. Turned out that the Jackson 4-Fun was in between.
cstork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2005   #4

Sorry I miss read the post.

As for the EZG series; they only LOOP when you are on the Lower end of the weight range. It is a give and take thing. And yes, they run the river great.

Wave Sport Paddler Tanya S. won the IR big gun show in the smaller of the boats and the women's current world champ won in the EZG as well. We will have our demo this Tue. if the weather is good so come out and try one.

Thanks for the heads up,

Old 05-01-2005   #5
I'm 175 lbs, near the upper end of the the weight range for the 50 but have sat in a 60 and it was way too big. I was worried that I'd be to heavy to loop the 50 well. Have other people had the same experience?

Gary will you have a 50 to demo on Tues?

bingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2005   #6
Preacher of the Profit Paddling Since: 1990

I saw the EZG 50 looping at Union this morning. It would do it ever better with an Overthruster or a trick skirt. The ZG loops in flatwater, but the EZG needs a little bit of a push to get up. The EZG50 is a great river runner and is easier to throw down for cartwheels than the ZG54. And, yes it will loop huge if you can nail the trick.
I love to dance, but who needs the music- It throws me off.
Don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2005   #7

We will have both the EZG 42, EZG 50 and EZG 60 at the DEMO.

As long as the water holds at UNION we will have the demo there and we will be there @ 5:00 pm.

Keep checking the buzz for more info on the DEMO or call the shop.

See ya TUES night,

Old 05-01-2005   #8
Send a message via MSN to Jiberish

If you need some help getting a little extra pop, put a beach ball in between your legs, or buy an overthruster. They might give you that extra ummfff needed.... It might help you get some volume in the 50, so you don't have to jump to the sixty~

Jiberish is offline   Reply With Quote