Old 06-27-2005   #61
Charc in = charc out
Seattle, Washington
Paddling Since: 1992
You pick the rapid, we'll match you run for run.
Careful whatcha wish for Chauncey ...

ToddG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2005   #62
The next zone, .
How about startin with the small stuff up on Lake? Like the Caldron or Brains? Give me a pm and I will take you up on that offer.

The video would be super funny - if they lived through it.

Jahve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2005   #63
Wheat Ridge, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1995
"The only real difference between any of the river rats, is their boat of choice."

Well said, Tube1 - - when you're not in it for the pleasure, you're missing the point.

Hopefully I'll see y'all on the water some time.

Nothing in the world is more yielding and gentle than water. Yet it has no equal for conquering the resistant and tough. The flexible can overcome the unbending; the soft can overcome the hard. - Lao Tse
Andy H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2005   #64
Technology Partner, Littleton, Colorado
Send a message via AIM to mvhyde
ok.. now I have another event for Animas River Days

5 Toobers on the start line, best time, make at least 3 out of 5 gates, no penalty for touching the gate, have to stay in your tube, anything goes (insofaras knocking the other toobers out of the race, which means basically full contact tubing)

$25 entry fee, half of the entry fees goes to a cash prize to the winner, other half goes to the Animas River Race Association.

mvhyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2005   #65
You have the right equiptment use it wisely

I am a new member and would like to first say this is a awsome fourm.Secondly I am a intermidiate rafter 3s 4s on the larger rivers in the west.You guys on tubes scare me but I feel you have every right to tube with the proper equiptment.You set a good example for the people who have no clue.Be safe and remember it only takes one misstake to rock your world........................... [/b]
jacksplasticraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2005   #66
Why do we scare you?
lilgreenfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2005   #67
I think you scare me because you are on the edge of the dragons nose in class V but I applaude your efforts.Stay safe !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
jacksplasticraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2005   #68
Send a message via MSN to Jiberish
I hear OBJ is running? Anyone.... and please bring a video camera....

Jiberish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2005   #69
My wife and I were up in that area on vacation last week and stopped to look at the cauldron, brain and paralyzer and if ANYONE wants to run that right now please let me know so that I can call the coroner in advance and hopefully recover something for your loved ones. Paralyzer scared the shit out of me just looking at it. If the tubers can match that and put up, I'll drive to see it, but please don't you'd be REALLY REALLY stupid.
richterHUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2005   #70
I have to admit, I used to toob a class 4ish section of the Logan River in Utah when I was a kid. Hell, it was a hoot. So I can understand where you're coming from. However, there's a big difference between this creek and some other runs I've done in my kayak.

So, I'll take you toobers up on your offer of "run for run". Come on down to D town and we'll run Vallecito or 3rd Gorge of Lime or lower Rockwood. Better yet, let's road trip to Cali and we'll run Hell's Kitchen or Golden Gate or Fordyce. These are all classic 5ers. Once you guys toob these, then you'll have the status you seek.

B.I.G.D. is offline   Reply With Quote