Old 06-14-2005   #21
Couple of things, first this thread is about gnar-tubers which to me is akin to deafening silence, an oxymoron. Second, I strongly believe that sensitivity training should be left out of the SWR course just like it should be left out of the buzz. This is a forum of ideas; the more colorful ones are often the most fun. Attacks should not be taken personally, they should be defended with a smile.

gonzobreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2005   #22
Missoula, Montana
I think you guys are too serious about all this. Check this out:

If you go to the link below and scroll down "latest news" on the left you will see the link to watch the movie at the bottom of the Teva announcement.

fredm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2005   #23
student, slacker, nose picker, ski boot fitter/fly fishin' guide
there was a guy who tried to do the extreme tubing race at homestake/ teva games. the guy looked tuff! decked out in "extreme tubing" gear.. they got it on video..check out

hope i put that url in right. i might have to try that tubing stuff..for the chix
chili is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2005   #24
Highlands Ranch, CO Paddling Since: 1993

That is some funny ass shit.. Thanks for sharing.
stinginrivers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2005   #25
Hey, how come I can't view the videos on rattlecan, is anyone else not getting them?
cma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2005   #26
Missoula, Montana
Try this:

(I got this link originally from boatertalk)
fredm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2005   #27
pnw, Washington
Hey Medman, get over it. I thought it was not only our consitutional right but highly suggested that we always view govt with a wary eye and question them. Yes your right I dont like Bush, its no secret from previous threads on this forum but I am not going to shut up about it so be happy that your candidate won and move on.
Now back to the topic, the only thing I worry about with the tubers is who might try to emulate them. I watched the extreme tubers at the opening of the pueblo ww park and watched all those kids watching them. Since then at high water several people have gotten in trouble in number 7. I guess thats true with anything but tubing as a low startup cost and shallow learning curve, very shallow. So kids are prone to emulate them.
gh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2005   #28
Go Zoltan!! thas sum funny shit there man!!!

ZOLTAN '08!!!

couldn't be much worse, eh?
redbeard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2005   #29
I don't know... but it seems to me that if there are tubers out there who are fully decked out in wetsuits, PFDs, helmets and throw bags while they tube some Class V then they are FULLY aware of the dangers involved with what they are doing. Tubers who are in nothing more than a bathing suit tubing the Boulder Creek with a 6-pack strapped to the back of their tubeĀ— now that seems like someone with no idea of the dangers involved. Some nay-sayers tell me that kayaking is stupid... how could it not be in their opinions, people die doing it every year, but that doesn't mean that we boaters are stupid. We just like to push the limits and LIVE life while we are here. Don't mean to side with tubers... I think they should hang up the rubber and get into the plastic, but let's be fair about who is unaware and who isn't.

J Rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2005   #30
Golden, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1985
Don't knock the tubin till you try it. I tubed from above the Lawson play hole down past Idaho Springs last summer (only around 80-90cfs, but they were still running raft trips) and it was the most fun I've had since rafting Cheesman Canyon. It's nothing compared to Rig at 500,but a good intro to tuberX, those boys must have to carry buckets in both hands to hold those balls.

riojedi is offline   Reply With Quote