Old 06-09-2004   #21
Benefits Administrator

So who's up for a game of dodgeball?

Too funny - obvious troll.

akahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2004   #22
The next zone, .
I like this paddle hater guy – stirring up the mix and he is right on some issues. We as paddlers are lame – we are the losers, dorks, and nerds of society. I like it this way and would not be involved in kayaking if it were any different. We are not the cool people I have never been cool and will never be cool. I could buy BMW 3, 5, or 7 series car this is within my means but why? I would rather dump my bucks into a 98 dodge diesel mod that throws 700 ponies and will run a sub 12 second quarter mile (way faster than a BMW). The look on a guppies face when his 50k beamer gets blown away by a beat up truck is priceless. Like I said I am a nerd.

So the more people like paddle hater that spray their spray the better. My advice to them is to get married, have 2.4 kids, work in a cubicle, go to church, play tennis, golf, move to the suburbs, enjoy those 2 days off a week, work on that white picket fence, enjoy Bob Sagat/funniest home videos, and stay out of kayaking. It is not for your kind and you will never understand why we do what we do. This is the way that we like it.

Jahve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2004   #23
pnw, Washington
Let me get this straight, you have a diesel truck that runs sub 12 in the quarter?
gh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2004   #24
Benefits Administrator
RDNEK's truck...

Screw the dodgeball...let's go play mailbox baseball in RDNEK's truck. Yee Haw! Hey RDNEK how often do you have to get new tires? It seems weird to me to drag race a pick-em-up - not enough weight in the back - but I spose you could throw some sacks of manure back there before blowin' the doors of the Beemers.

As for "cool" sports - who cares - I boat to have FUN, not be be "cool."
akahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2004   #25
on behalf of the many of us sitting on the sidelines enjoying this enjoying this banter, left me first tell RDNECK to check it. Putting some worthless "activity" in the same sentence of that iconic staple of 80's televison (Mr. Saget) is like putting a can of Miller Lite in Dale Jr's car - blasphemy!

Kayaking is not a "sport", it is an activity, a recreation. A sport requires a skill. That skill produces sweat. An activity where you don't sweat is not a sport. Am i missing something here? I have been to your Rodeo's and found it as amusing as a Widespread Show -a bunch of stinky, lost souls, living in their vehicles. While their vehicles are less extravagant than your dopey tacoma's outfitted with "surf colorado" stickers, at least their hula-hooping and hackysacking produces sweat- thus constituting a sport.

Maybe kayaking is just undiscovered? comon, in the age where poker and spelling bees consume ESPN airtime, the answer probably just lies in the fact that kayking is about as schweet as paintball and laser tag; and kavu visors, chaco's and goatee's dont make the sport any cooler. Please adivse on the draw of tossing around an overpriced dildo amongst the sewage Denver. A lifesyle, or a substitute for a marketable skill? Sound's like a bunch of SDBOYZ to me.

I offer my acquiescence to paddlehater on rivernick; don't be played ya'll. Check your TV guide for the next segment of The Swan.. Airiing July 19th, the episode will document, rivernicks transformation from Grizzly Adams to Derek Zoolander. Documenting the unrestrained self indulgence of Hemp to whey protein, the episode chronicles the trials and tribulations of a young man with delusions of grandeur. Be sure to tune in. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2004   #26
The next zone, .
Yep its possible to run a 12 sec quarter - mine does not have the propane injection system so it is not quite there yet but it is commin – propane gives you the juice to run that fast - tires last me about 4-6 months and I run 33" all the way around - the only problem is that I go through a tranny about every 4 months - the trick is just to get a good warrantee - I am on my 3rd this yr and I think that I am going to have to get a different style of tranny to handle the torque put out by this engine – also you will need larger injectors and a larger fuel pump to get the engine enough fuel – also a "chip" is required to get the right mix of fuel and o2 - not to mention a straight pipe and a high air flow system so she can breathe – the turbo system can be tricky because there can be a 2-3 second lag from full throttle to full output of the turbo so look into a type that is set up for a quick response – cant wait for the propane to fill her out!

I am not the only one around with one of these – look at bully dog high performance diesel out of Denver – they can put together a sic truck – I also hear that they are doing crazy things with that new duramax set up that Chevy is making and the Allison tranny should hold up better than most – ran against one the other day and she had me easy very easy – that duramax smoked the tires for about 100 or so yards! As far as quick I can hit 110 mph on the dirt road up to clear creek – (on the ark) – that straight is not that far – As far as racing trucks why not the winter is loooooooong up here in BV -
Jahve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2004   #27
Don't flame up over mr., he's a paddler is a paddler trolling for his own amusement. Don't be fooled he's been paddling off and on now for five years. But let me add he is lacking some vital skills on and off river. Got to call him out. He's got all the necessary equipment and look but now hates the greatest sport on planet earth because he just could never master that pesky part of paddling called the roll. His pride has driven him away from the river. Never could take a word of instruction from anyone. But he still likes to occasionally strap his midevil on the roof of his Audi A4 and drive it around Michigan State's campus while bumping the hotest hip hop he can find sporting several layers of patagonia. Don't blame him for his jaded view this "mountain man" still has some redeeming qualities.

And as far as paddlehater, now do you see what I'm dealing with? In his defense he is not trolling. This is what he literally believes. Now you understand why I brought this arguement to the board?
Rivernick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2004   #28
helll....between rivernick and paddlehater, I can't figure out who is Bevis and who is Butthead. I picture both taking craps in the poison ivy. Hey boys, go pop some pimples.

tomcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2004   #29
Hey Tomcat,

I am Beavis, Rivernick is Butthead, and you are some hick from Arkansas. Who taught you to use a computer?
paddlehater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2004   #30
paddlehater = dick
tomcat = coolcat

Like it or not, all of us are the result of a sexual act.
Geezer is offline   Reply With Quote