Originally Posted by Randaddy
Why not just get a quality IK?
1) Weight. 7 pounds w/thigh straps and spray deck and inflation bag
2) Bulk. packed size = 4" X 11" x 14" = half a day pack size
3) Inflation time = 2-4 minutes with a 4 (four) ounce inflation bag
4) Portages are super easy, but rapids are super fun.
5) This is far more adventuresome (just the fact that you have to ask makes it that much cooler).
Remember this boat weighs 7 (i.e seven) pounds and can be carried strapped to the back of your PFD (no pack needed), stowed in the overhead compartment of most jets, and damn near fits in a glove box.
Plus far more durable than they look. 90% of what gets run in an IK can be run by this, but think of all the runs you'd have to schlepp to with an IK...
Ahhh, but if you don't like to walk, go with an IK and use the electric pump at the car.