Old 04-27-2009   #11
Seattle, Washington
Paddling Since: 1999
Send a message via AIM to JCKeck1
Gore over 2000 is referred to as the Goar, you are correct Tom. And yes, we didn't go to valle for the one day mission - that was a bit much through a winter storm warning even for the mank crew. We did go a fire Eldo. I really like that shit. I have no idea why it took me so long to get into it. Eldo has a rap way worse than deserved, except for Harmon which is definitely one of the burliest drops around.

Thanks all for the update. I'm off to Costa Rica, but I'll still be watching thing develop and ready to fire hard late next week. Keep killing it all ya'll. Holla!

JCKeck1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009   #12
Eldo deserves that rap Joe. That things to manky when Harmon is good, and Harmon is terrifying when the rest is good. Good vert none the less, but it ain't Valle. It's front range super mank.

Tom, I'm sticking with 2400 for the Gore to Goar switch. But ice cream is still good.

Barrel was kicking nicely on Sunday. Upper Death was disgusting, life after death was almost as terrifying, and Barrel was intimidating, exhausting and good. All of the water was going through Barrel. Get some. Watch for the climber rope at the bottom of Barrel (1/8 mile upstream of shoshone ramp). Thing needs to be cut or taken down by whomever placed it. Any boaters know the climbing crowd of g-wood?

Kyle McCutchen
Cutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009   #13
Fred Gnarquist
carbondale, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2004
Originally Posted by Cutch View Post
Watch for the climber rope at the bottom of Barrel (1/8 mile upstream of shoshone ramp). Thing needs to be cut or taken down by whomever placed it. Any boaters know the climbing crowd of g-wood?
Ill ask some climbing buddies, when you guys coming back over to the real side of the mountains?

fred norquist is offline   Reply With Quote