Old 05-03-2004   #1

Well Escalante is running...very low. It did get run this weekend and today, but it is very bony. The rapids are fun but the slack water is tiresome. I have a bad feeling that it may be all we get this year. The snow pack that feeds it is very weak. I lost a lot of plastic off my boat today! Remember that Leap of Faith is gone. It has been replaced by The Pit of Despair. It is very nasty! And now partially filled with logs creating a dangerous sieve. Eddy out river left up high and walk around. The falls is very bony looking with most of the water dropping sideways into a nasty slot to the right of the line. We decided to walk it today. Other than that there were no new obstacles that were in bad places.

Tom R. Chamberlain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2004   #2
Boulder, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1995
Bummer, thanks for the update Tom. Is anyone poised to give a late in the week update to help us decide if it a possible weekend destination? A report from Wed or thurs would be sweet.

Dave Frank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2004   #3
Mountains on the river!!!, Idaho
Paddling Since: 2002
deffenitly better

some friends of mine ran it yesterday and it had a lot more water than last weekend when i ran it. they said that the falls only needed a couple more inches of water to run it, so that should help. im going down on friday if anyone is interested.

ski_kayak365 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2004   #4
What time are you going to be at capn smith's? I'm going to try to be there by 11:30ish
Western Slope WaterMan is offline   Reply With Quote