Old 03-28-2008   #11
Boulder, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2003
Oh I see, I read it wrong in my haste. But your medium report is around the same level as your lows. I think we need more medium data. Can you make a graph where I can click on the data point and see a picture of the fin rock?

KSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2008   #12
Durango, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1996
While you're at it, can you incorporate a function that will instantly transport me to the eddy above the first boof in a shiny new creekboat, with good flows, on a sunny day, with a crowd of buxom honeys cheering me on. Can you get that done by say, tomorrow morning? That would be great, thanks.

jmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2008   #13
Denver, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2004
Yeah, there was a lack of medium data in the analysis, so its a bit fuzzy. Hopefully we can get some more visuals this year and get a better correlation. Note to escalante creekers... post your visual after every trip even if someone just posted one. The more data the better.

The instant escalante transporter sure would cut down on drive times. Damn I need one of those too.
deepsouthpaddler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2008   #14
God Amongst Men
Phuoc My, Da Nang, THE 'NAM
Paddling Since: 1845
tom chamberlain said something a couple years ago about roubideau being "like boating in a canal" and that it has a lot of build up but never quite reaches expectations, but with newer boats, i dunno? big dominguez is the one you should be looking at. really similar to esca (next drainage north) with sandstone mixed with inner gorge bedrock, just lacks good access (hike from the road or from bridgeport).....
"Don't f$&@ing eddy out, just run it! Whaddya doin??" -LMyers
yetigonecrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2008   #15
dropzone, Colorado

The Roubideau guage is at 150 this morning.

If anyone has any visuals today or tomorrow please post them. Trying to guess whether Escalante will come in for the weekend.
ACC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2008   #16
Mountains on the river!!!, Idaho
Paddling Since: 2002
If you look at the dates that most people have their good solid medium flows, I would wait until a few more weeks. If you talk to Tom/Berry Chamberlain or Donnie Smith, guys who have run that creek since the 1st D, late April thru mid May is still the prime time for runs. I've spent the past few years on Esca, and early April is mostly a low water run, but the best runs I've had are April 25-May 5th.

Rather than use a different offense Ian...I would wait until someone gets a visual. The usual flow difference between Delta and Junction is a minimum of 1000cfs, and thats for medium low flows.

Its a long drive for a bust. Or bring your playboat and stop in Glenwood on your way home.

ski_kayak365 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008   #17
Boulder, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2005
Figured I'd bump this up as it took me a while to find (and the little circles on waterdata.usgs are way too small to find robideau).

If anyone gets a visual tomorrow, please post.
Browntown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008   #18
Professional Transient, See above.
Planning on driving there today.
st2eelpot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008   #19
From the graph it looks like Hobie, Mark, Maria and Joe hit Escalante yesterday at the 220-240 cfs on the ROUBIDEAU CREEK gauge. Fin was covered from what I heard ... any other beta from yesterday's assault that can help with this barometer?
BKC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008   #20
Bham, Washington
Paddling Since: 1997

If the Keck meister and crew was on Escalante on 4/15 this boads well for the weekend crew. It doesn't appear the Roubideau gage has seen any reduction from the recent cold front in fact its actually spiked around 100cfs from 4/15.
Attached Images
File Type: bmp gage.bmp (820.4 KB, 29 views)

The high side of good - Daniel D
Force is offline   Reply With Quote