Old 06-16-2009   #11
Denver, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2002
My deepest condolences to Brian's family and those that were with him that day on the river. I helped Brian with his new raft setup back in February and he was such a great person to work with. He was very excited about his new rig and having some time to play this summer. He left our parking lot and was headed straight to the Salt, with a smile on his face. Brian was one of the customers that you do not forget. He was excited, energetic, and knowledgeable. He always had many positive posts on the Buzz and he loved talking to people about running rivers. As much as this community will miss him I can not help but keep his family in my thoughts. If anyone has contact with them, please tell them that the boating community is thinking of them.

Zach Svoboda

zboda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009   #12
Steamboat Springs, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1971
Thanks WyoPdlr1 for your efforts to find Tigger. Others in the party showed us photos of the site and gave us the first hand report. Tigger had been my main paddling buddy for a number of years and was like a little brother to me. He was a witty, brilliant guy with a passion for paddling, but lived for his family. Thanks everyone else for the kind words.

darknightsailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009   #13
Paddling Since: 1991
Just found out today about this terrible news. The boat has lost great person and enthusiastic paddler, stoked on life and his family. My thoughts are with his wife and children.
baggins424 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009   #14
Paddling Since: 1971
Thanks Zack,

Tigger was pretty stoked about his frame. He did get in a couple of family trips; Yampa Canyons and the San Juan.
darknightsailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009   #15
Park City, Utah
Paddling Since: 1985

worthy of reflection.
Canada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009   #16
Jackson, Wyoming
Paddling Since: 94
Send a message via Yahoo to Gary E
Thoughts go out to Brian's wife and family and friends.

Gary E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009   #17
steamboat springs, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1981
I just met Brian at our recent slalom race and then a few days later on the stretch downtown. He was one friendly, happy guy and stoked to be paddling.

Steamboat lost a good man.
lewi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009   #18
This is Brian's or Tigger's Mom. To all who knew Brian, thank you for the kind words and support. Our plans are to take a helicopter tomorrow morning from Steamboat Springs to Encampment, to search for Brian.
Please continue to pray for a safe recovery, and anyone who will be floating the river please keep an eye out for anything that might help in the search and rescue. We have recovered his lifejacket and float bag, please if you find anything let the Sheriff or myself know.
Tiggers Mom
tiggersmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009   #19
Tiggersmom, my heart breaks for you. I didn't know Brain, but a loss to the boating community is felt by all. My sincere condolences and prayers.
Di is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009   #20
To Brian's family, my thoughts and prayers are with you. I boated Northgate with Brian last spring. He was such a cool guy. He had driven over from Steamboat, alone, and simply walked up and asked if he could come with us. He was as happy and as friendly as folks come. He took some pictures of us that day. At Narrow Falls, he gave me his camera and had me film him going through it. He wanted his family to see him boating. I've watched the video several times today. I only knew him for that day, but that was enough to know that he defined "salt of the earth". If he touched me in that brief moment in time, I'm sure he touched the lives of many. Rest in peace friend. We will think of you often.

Loaner is offline   Reply With Quote