Old 04-30-2004   #11
Charc in = charc out
Seattle, Washington
Paddling Since: 1992
2.9 definitely seemed boney. lots of little sleepers in literally every rapid. i would like to see it with another couple inches for sure.

kyle, we did the saturday-drive & sunday-paddle/drive thing the other week (from freakin' wyoming!) & it was pretty easy as long as you have a spare driver in the vehicle. if you wanna go creeking real bad, then you just make it work.

ToddG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2004   #12
Embudo first timer

Embudo first timer looking for someone who has run it before and doesn't mind having a tag along. I live in Salida and should have the whole weekend open.

Is it at a good level for a first timer?

Mainer in CO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2004   #13
Mainer and Harvey, please give me a call asap. 303-918-7546. Still making plans. Can we team up with your group Harvey? It's me and Fred Zachrel (however the hell I spell his last name).

Trying to decide soon...
Kyle McCutchen
Cutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2004   #14
Seattle, Washington
Paddling Since: 1999
Send a message via AIM to JCKeck1
How does this run compare to the upper T box? Harder or easier? More or less risk/commitment? Scoutability? Thanks
JCKeck1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2004   #15
Laramie, Wyoming
Paddling Since: 1992
I would say that the upper taos box and embudo are similar in overal difficulty but have completely different characters with completely different hazards. I think the Embudo (at this level) is only slightly harder than the upper box, but lacks the scary sieve factor. Mostly the challenge with the Embudo is knowing when to stop and scout as it is so incredibly continuous. It would be super easy to blunder into the biggest rapids if you don't have a guide. Of course now that I am super broke and won't be driving down there it is guaranteed to go off this weekend!
badkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2004   #16

they are big and have been discovered below long rapid. must have been flushed down a toilet upstream. the run is mellow but the crocs have gotten huge and hungrey. don't miss the take out, walmart just sold out of 12 guage, boating season must have started in NM. see ya this weekend. adios, ATOM>>>>

action is the enemy of thought
atom is offline   Reply With Quote