Old 02-27-2008   #11
Summit, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1996
Send a message via AIM to COUNT
Yeah, Mike, you can put them up on EF and as long as you have approximate numbers for the put-in and take-out elevation, you're good.

Paul, will a run count for the VC if the info is added mid-contest?

"The world would be a better place if everyone kayaked."-Brad Ludden (Valhalla)
"You only get one chance to run a drop blind."-DD
COUNT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2008   #12
Bozeman, Montana
Paddling Since: 1999
sweet. looking forward to a great runoff. the amount of quality canyon's surrounding casper is mindblowing. how they stayed unexplored is a great question?

caspermike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2008   #13
Mid-event runs

Hey Count,

Yes they will be included in the event if you add them or we can assist.

BKC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2008   #14
Denver, Colorado
Caspermike - you can definitely enter in those runs, add it here - or simply email me the beta (run name, description, difficulty, putin, takeout and we can help get the elevations, and i'll upload them for ya. Pictures would be a bonus!

Count - yes competitors are allowed to enter runs "mid contest", not a problem!

Keep in mind that just because your team is registered in one state doesn't mean you can't rack up vertical from another. Also, your team mates can consist of members from different states...hope this helps

paulh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2008   #15
Denver, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2004
The vertical challenge was a lot of fun last year. It was just another excuse to paddle our asses off when the water was flowing (not that we needed one!).

Supporting first descents and AW is a great thing too. Even if you aren't in it to win, supporting the event is a good thing for the paddling community.

At the awards event there were shitloads of great prizes and a good party too! I was impressed!

Fun all the way around!
deepsouthpaddler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008   #16
Salt Lake City, Utah
Paddling Since: 02
Didn't make the party.
As far as adding runs, last year the eddyflower crew was awesome with adding runs mid comp, even though they were overwhelmed all to hell. As posted above, fun as hell and should be awesome this year!
God Bless SKA Brewery-Sturgeon General
C-dub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2008   #17
Indian Hills, Colorado
clear creek of the ark

for the VC, is anyone opposed to making the takeout elevation reflect taking out at the end of the second gorge? i think most people just boat the first and second gorge anyhow. the third gorge just seems to be solid boat abuse.

oh and i am now pissed that i dont have 69 posts anymore!!!
crane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2008   #18
Denver, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2004
Yes the 3rd gorge of clear creek of the ark is a mankfest boat abuser. Should be good flows this year though, and that will probably make the 3rd gorge better. Maybe we could have a thru 2nd gorge and thru 3rd gorge option for the VC. If you only get 5 runs, the 3rd gorge adds up some good vert, so it would be nice have both options.
deepsouthpaddler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2008   #19
Denver, Colorado
The 3rd gorge hammered my boat last year!!!

In order to have separate vertical listings for 1st & 2nd and 2nd & 3rd sections we'd have to create them as separate bueno.

How about we give full credit for only running 1st & 2nd if the flows aren't higher this year, any objections? If not, I can update the take-out beta to include "Vertical Challenge take-out is at the end of the 2nd Gorge".

We also changed the take out for Lower Clear Creek to the first bridge. We should consider changing the take-out for Alto Alto as well. Any others?
paulh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2008   #20
Lakewood, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2002
I think the take out for Browns is listed as Stone Bridge, but most take out at Hecla. Could Hecla to Stone bridge be a seperate run (it's 3.5 miles) and Browns end at Hecla? Just a thought...

lmaciag is offline   Reply With Quote