Old 03-31-2012   #1
Boulder, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1996
EddyFlower Request

Hello EddyFlower Users,

Yes, we have had trouble with our site lately and yes we are trying to get everything sorted out. Hopefully we will have everything fixed soon so everyone can continue to use this FREE resource.

I would also like to take a moment to reach out to our users. Lately we have been getting an assortment of emails regarding the problems we have been having on our website. I want to begin by thanking everyone who is generally concerned and who shows his or her support in a positive manner. It is because of users like you who make this all worth it.

This next statement goes out to all the haters out there and to all the people who only seem to have negative things to say. Let me begin with this email that we just received:

"eddyflower is broken again, what a surprise!! i don't understand how hard it is to keep a website like this working. if you guys can't figure it out, why don't you just quit already. i'm done with you. i'll be using the usgs site till you get your shit straight. amen"

I would like to respond to that statement, first of all by saying, EddyFlower is not run by a large corporation with deep pockets and unlimited resources. We are two guys who love kayaking just as much as the rest of you all. This is not our full time job; in fact we each have other jobs, families and kids. We run EddyFlower purely because we love kayaking and feel that we can offer the kayaking community something unique. Maintaining a website like this is not cheap. In fact it costs a ton of money just to keep it live, let alone add features, fix bugs and stop hackers. We are talking about thousands of dollars here. And no we don't make money, we actually dip into our pockets quite a bit to provide a service that will always be free to everyone.

So for everyone who is threatening us and telling us they will check levels on the USGS site, well go ahead, we don't want your business anyway. Actually, instead of complaining about a free resource why don't you all dip into your pockets and help us out so we can get things fixed faster.

If you would like to help us out we would really appreciate it. Please send us an email at if you would like to donate to our site. We have big plans for EddyFlower and it would be great if the kayaking community would contribute to keep this resource going.

See you on the river(s).

The EddyFlower Team,

Justin and Josh

bellucci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012   #2
Bozeman, Montucky
Paddling Since: 2009
Sorry you have had trouble with the site and just forget about dick heads like the one who sent the above. I for one love EddyFlower and appreciate all that you guys provide. If I wasn't a broke student who spends all of her money on boating I'd help you out. Best of luck and thanks for keeping it live

Katweena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012   #3
Denver, 303
Paddling Since: 2010
I noticed it was down earlier today, good luck with the fix.

peaceloveandbud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012   #4
New Castle, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2001
I only use eddy flower and had I won megaball last night you have never worried about money again but alas it wasn't in the cards
Fish Tank
Mr. Shlitzenturkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012   #5
Denver,, exhaustion
i prefer eddyflower for my flow reports.
get it up and let us know.
"We should restore the practice of dueling. It might improve manners around here" -Edward Abbey
adgeiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012   #6
Summit County, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2006
You guys rock! I'm sure there are many more people loving the site than there are selfish, entitled little spoil brats who think they are owed the world and for free.
I for one appreciate your efforts greatly! The site is such a huge help to the entire community.
Please do not be discouraged by these douche bags and focus on the appreciation of the rest of us.

SummitSurfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012   #7
God Amongst Men
Phuoc My, Da Nang, THE 'NAM
Paddling Since: 1845
You guys kick ass, dont let jerkoffs get to you. There are countless people who you dont hear from that appreciate the work and energy you guys put into the site. Not sure if Paul is still a mover and shaker there but I have always had great luck with EddyFlower. Yeah, it goes down once in a while, but it always comes back, sometimes better than before. Thanks again for everything you do! The Flower is a great resource, and you guys are doing as good of a job as can be expected. Thanks again, and lots of respect!
"Don't f$&@ing eddy out, just run it! Whaddya doin??" -LMyers
yetigonecrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012   #8
Farmington, Utah
Paddling Since: 2009
I know guys in Utah were upset about Eddyflower being down. Instead of understanding that things happen they turned their backs on it, and had nothing good to say. Maybe it was from the lack of quality whitewater we have in the state. But to bash on people giving a free service is rude. You guys are doing a great job I am sorry that it had it's issues, but I have continued to use it for it is a great resource. Thanks for all you do.
Flying_Spaghetti_Monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012   #9
Riverdale, Utah
Paddling Since: 1977
Hi Justin and Josh,
Eddyflower provides a very useful format to check all your state's flows at once, or all your favorite runs, in a customizable format. The fact that people get upset when Eddyflower goes down is proof of how useful it is! Consider those emails a compliment, from paddlers who may have some slight communication issues.
wasatchbill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012   #10
Durango, CO, Colorado
eddyflower is my #1 go to for water related activities. You guys do a great job- please don't let a few assholes get you down.

that 1% and their shenanigans!

cake is offline   Reply With Quote