Skiing & Boarding
Want Ads
Industry Jobs
Place an Ad

Old 03-18-2012   #1

Winslow, Arizona
Paddling Since: 2010
East Clear Creek Photos

I understand that there are pictures of trip down East Clear Creek south of Winslow AZ. I live in Winslow and know the canyon and would love to see them, where can I find them. Old Man River

Old 03-18-2012   #2
God Amongst Men

Phuoc My, Da Nang, THE 'NAM
Paddling Since: 1845
Rocky Contos' Sierra Rios has a slideshow of it, dont know of anywhere else, someone else may know?

Old 03-18-2012   #3

Denver, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1995
That seems a lot like Chevelon with the log jams and petroglyphs ,maybe more accessible .

Rocky's site is awesome. Did you check out the Tulija photos? How a river that big, good, and accessible [ the lower anyway],could remain off the radar so long is hard to fathom. I think Cully Erdman explored it 20 years ago but it didn't catch on like Agua Azul , Santo Domingo , and the Jatate did. They [ Rocky and Greg ] are finally getting into the piedmont runs around the Chiapas /Tabasco border areas. There are a ridiculous number of of rivers large and small and sick amounts of rain in that area.They are running the last canyons of the bigger rivers out of Chiapas down to where they flatten out on the coastal plane.There are a bunch of smaller rivers/creeks with at least 2-3 punctuated by bigger travertine drops and falls to huck in spectacularly lush Garden of Eden type settings too. Then the gap between that and the popular Veracruz runs ,Sierra Los Tuxtlas harbours more creeks . It is the area where they filmed 'Apocalypto' .
Old 03-18-2012   #4

Winslow, Arizona
East Clear Creek Photos

Thanks for the info rocky's site is fantastic, spent last 40 years working in lower CC area and worked on the pump where water line cross in photo. we are scheduled to put in a Solar pump at this site in near future. wish i got in to kayaks earler in life to much water under bridge to take on such a trip
Old 03-18-2012   #5
God Amongst Men

Phuoc My, Da Nang, THE 'NAM
Paddling Since: 1845
have you considered a ducky? creek like that would be super easy to do in a duck
Old 03-19-2012   #6

Winslow, Arizona
My sons and I just got back from a rafting trip down the upper GC with Brady Black and others from Moenkopi Riverworks and we had a couple of Duckys with us took turns running some 3 to 5s. two in our groupe did run a couple of 8s got dumped a few times but never felt in danger so also been thinking of adding a ducky to hard shell. Thanks for the advice and link. Infact Brady is the one that turned me on to this site to find Clear Creek pictures, we had talked about trying lower Cevelon been dry winter might not have any run off.