Old 05-13-2010   #1
doesn't need a fake name
Fort Collins, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1996
Early season goods

Where did I leave my booties during the winter? How long until paddling season starts? Is anything running?

If you find yourself asking your...self these questions, then you are not me, and therefore, probably NOT AWESOME. While so many lazy front range paddlers have been debating cooler sizes and what kind of shoes to buy (gosh, I love the Keen Payettes, but I wish they came in a red that would match my drytop), Natalie and I have been out paddling! What was your first time back in a boat this season? Did you post a photo of it on the buzz? Just before midnight on new year's eve I paddled out onto a wave, and when I heard the cheering from the bank (well, when I heard the cheering get louder), I knew that the new year had begun, so I threw a clean blunt. Did I post it to the Buzz? No, because it's just another day in my already awesome life; that's just how I roll. (Did I brag about it later? Only a little.)

In fact, we're so far into the 2010 season that I'm almost starting to get a little burnt out on paddling. Almost. Since I have received so many questions about my latest exploits that I decided to collect some of the photos and dump them on the Fluid blog to squelch the questions. Direct yourself to the following:

the creekboating GOODS

We've got some Embudo, some Boxelder, A hint of Pandora's Box, and of course the usual front range slop.

Also, Natalie is awesome. She is a way better paddler than you.

leif is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010   #2
Buena Vista, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2005
That might be the way it goes on the Front Range, but around here we started paddling on the Ark January 16th. Then came the obligitory trips to Arizona and New Mexico...

Cheers to the end of a fantastic early season, but you are certainly not the only one that got to enjoy it.

GARNA’s mission is to foster stewardship of the resources of the greater Arkansas River region through education, volunteerism and experiences.
lmyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010   #3
Bozeman, Montana
Paddling Since: 1999
Good to see that pic of you running the Dung(drop after loaf before takeout)
caspermike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010   #4
Fort Collins, Colorado
Paddling Since: '05
Dude you're amazing.
Dude, I'd see you on the river but I'm hardly ever out there.
SimpleMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010   #5
I'm not sure TA Height has anything to do with coolness factor. TA boof of Justin's Mom's Meat Loaf was cool though. I'm rafting the LTB on sunday after some Budo... what cooler should I bring? Oar rights or wrongs? These are the questions that need answers Leif... boofing has been cool for so long that we are running out of things to say about it. Family rafting? Now we're talking.
Kyle McCutchen
Cutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010   #6
Boulder, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2003
What kind of shoes did you use to hike out of Boxelder?
KSC is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010   #7
crested butte, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1990
Send a message via Yahoo to milo
.....leif......better go get check'd out by a doctor....i think tooliosis is creeping into your crane.....your post lacked any real cooler size? best creeking bootie(not your gal)? line thru SKULL with a dog?....with a dog but not with oarlocks? soap to clean your shunty booties?....maybe even the scariest rapid that your booties have been thru?.....i must admit, i have not looked at my boat,....boating is dumb and lacks any real excitement.....unless of course you have a turkey leg waitin at the "put out"....hope cutch doesnt start a new thread, "bout lost my wife yesterday" is for eskimos.....milozadik
milo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010   #8
Geologist, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1991
You could use a little humility and now have let your true self be known. To be praised does not require praising yourself.
jonny water is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010   #9
Boulder, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2003
Originally Posted by jonny water View Post
You could use a little humility and now have let your true self be known. To be praised does not require praising yourself.
Geez,, who pissed in your Wheaties? I mean the guy has a giant mullet. I don't think you can take what he says too seriously. I enjoy reading trip reports about what other people are doing - keep 'em comin.
KSC is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010   #10
185 lb. waste of space, Keeping Glenwood Springs real
Paddling Since: 1864
I am taking the minimalism (fancy word for being to lazy to actually construct anything) and using some negative space in kayaking. I actually have yet to get in a boat. I will however say that I will go to Escalante and the Embudo, but then never show up.

Leif, you might have started early but you are still stuck within the parameters that most kayakers belong to. Free yourself truly and do what most cannot. I am kayaking more by kayaking less.

One time my friend and I peed in these peoples milk so I can only assume it went into their wheaties. It however was not Johhny Water's milk, so I cannot be held accountable for his sour taste in humor.

970-217-21 six six
yourrealdad is offline   Reply With Quote

awesome, creek boating, early season, leif, rafting sucks