Skiing & Boarding
Want Ads
Industry Jobs
Place an Ad

Old 04-05-2007   #1
NHINDS

Eagle County Weakness

Dear Eagle County boaters,

Not all of you are oscar myer weiners but for sure most of you are.
RCRE,

Sorry I have been absent from the buzz for a while, but some things need to be cleared up here. A 20 day trip on the Grand Canyon for Gear Testing really takes you out of the scene, my apologies. I have returned and am ready to clarify some things that were left up in the air last year.

Routt County is not afraid of beer bongs. KT has had some very bad experiences drinking anything else besides whiskey before boating class V. Kudos to his superb liver. He would not have fired up Stupid the next day instead of rafting Oh - Be if he was drinking beer. Wise choice, large drop done.

Since you all were trying to call us out last summer, watch out cause we are now stronger than ever. After 9 months of sitting out with shoulder problems I had my AC joint repaired and 2 bone spurs removed from my collar bone on December 28th. With spring training out of the way and the time to dominate approaching, watch it. With 3 first D's in our region last year and you all only having one sick creek that you somehow seem to never clean, I think you need to pipe down. Craporadon, you have some serious shit under your belt so this is directed at the rest of your slack ass crew. http://www.otcouch.com/photo/index.php?cat=58

And you boys better recognize that we are going to bring it at the creek races throughout the state this year. Beware team D, I hope the timing won't be skewed towards them because I have some sick old boats that are going to keep everyone honest. Barring a stout showing from Ryan Casey, Steve Fisher, or EJ we might just have some fun at Oh-Be and Gore this year. Old school prijons bring the thunder, especially with the chunderposse puts great skills with large sack behind them. Wayne Chorter is back on the team (Durango though), Chunderboy came to me in a dream and said, ask Kato and Waynechorter to travel the state with you in a mountain rescue ambulance and give the Eagle County Crowd a clinic in manners and local creek chainsaw cleaning. So when you are ready please schedule that around my event tour.

May 4th,5th, and 6th Glenwood, CO Glenwood Canyon Canoe and Kayak swap

May 18th 19th 20th Buena Vista CO CKS Paddlefest

May 28th Steamboat, Paddling Life Invitational, Memorial Day

May 29th - June 3rd Vail, Teva Mountain Games

June 9th, 10th, 11th Steamboat Springs, Yampa River Festival

Off the couch.com is where we will continue to bash you all in a whitewater guide to the world. All need to know your shortcomings and I am happy to cry it from the roof tops. I still need help with content on this site so please email me photos if you want em posted by the runs I am missing, nick@otcouch.com .

WEST SIDE, OF THE DIVIDE!
Old 04-05-2007   #2

EC vs RC

Hinds.....for a western slope hillbilly, that was exceptionally well said!

Old 04-05-2007   #3

e-town, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1998
are we really starting this bulls$%t again, whatever you guys have to do to stoke your own ego's.
Old 04-05-2007   #4

Seattle, Washington
Paddling Since: 1999
Send a message via AIM to JCKeck1
So lemme get this straight. Here you come talking all this smack about bringin down the events and here's what you have listed:

Shoshone
Pine Creek
Fish Creek
Homestake
Yampa playboating?

Blahblah BULL - You're missing the biggest and hardest creeking race of the season......also to be the best party.

SSV and the Lyons Outdoor Games - June 9. Win that one and we'll be impressed and ready to worship RCRE.

Joe
Old 04-05-2007   #5

NH

I never wrote back about your epic invite because I can't possibly hold my head up and tell people I turned down a 20 day trip on the Grand Canyon. I had shoulder surgery this winter and was not rehabbed yet. I'm sure it was epic, crazy it took a full year to get back. What type of mushrooms did you guys have, fullyearatriptospore? Probably some you picked out of the cowpies in ROutt COunty. Stop by on your way to Sho. Not sure why Eagle COunty is week from your post. But I posted a picture of ROutt COunty and Eagle COunty partying for you but apparently it is too risque for the Powers That Be. Maybe the Powers That Be should go try and throw the smackdown on Slater Falls.
Old 04-05-2007   #6
NHINDS

Boomers huh, yes, I have heard about that stuff. Let's just say our trip leader did a great job, he also blows glass, and is a fearless announcer that wouldn't even back down to dan gavere during last years event.

Sorry about the egorific post but I am just so goddamn excited about boating this year after a June 1st right shoulder blowout in 2006. I feel there was no reason for me to jump in on that shit from last year, since I could not deliver. Finally I feel ready for the season after a solid 3 month rehab done by Center for Sports Medicine in Steamboat (melissa rocks), Brian Bomberg did the surgery (steamboat orthapedics). A cat scan and some inspection they decided to give me a cortizone shot to stop the pain and remove the swelling in the lubricating membrane around the shoulder joint (The Bursa Sack) since my bursitis was absolutely making me a whiner. I took a few months off, rehabed using exercises I used to do to stay strong, and felt shaky as hell in Gore in Oct and Nov. After quitting Paddler Magazine and paying up to my deductible for the scan, I said screw this! I 'm Gettin' Surgery! So the doc said I will give it a exploratory to repair type of scope. They ended up surprised at the damage on the 28th. He had to reattach my AC joint, file down 2 bone spurs, remove my Bursa Sack (not ball sack removal like Yeti had done), bone scraping/shaping, and a pretty good sized piece of scare tissue removed. Pain for a few months and a little motivation and I am back baby!!! I M BACK!!!

I was lucky as hell, I do have 2 very tiny tears in my labrum but not big enough to sow them up. If you tear that then you are looking at like 7 - 12 months recovery, maybe more. Or if you tear any of the parts of your rotator cuff you are also out for almost a year if you have to get it surgically repaired.

You boys from Durango or Ft. C definately have pretty excellent whitewater and a long season. Lucky bastards, but RCRE has a pretty good territory.

For all you haters out there.

ROUTT CO ENFORCES

Willow Creek (4 creeking)
Lower Fish Creek (4+ to 5 Creeking)
Upper Fish Creek (5 up to 5+ Creeking)
Mad Creek (5 - 5+)
NORTH FORK OF FISH CREEK (5+ up to 6-)
SLATER CREEK 5
ELKHEAD CREEK 5
BITCH SLAP FALLS (I'll leave that one for routter,smokey, and kt)

under 1.5 hours away we have:

CROSS MOUNTAIN (better play than most) BOATS APRIL TO JULY
GORE CANYON (CAN BOAT APRIL TO NOV SOME YEARS)
GRIZZLY CREEK
PINE CREEK

Under 2 hours, over 1.5 hrs

THE BIG SOUTH
SPENCER HEIGHTS
JOE WRIGHT
ENCAMPMENT

DARE I SAY CROSS CREEK IS PRETTY CLOSE AND ALMOST DEFINATELY CLOGGED WITH WOOD. CAN WE ORGANIZE A TOP TO BOTTOM FEST. PM ME IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN THE NEXT WEEK OR TWO. WE HAVE THE OLD ROUTT COUNTY COMMUNAL BEAVER THAT EATS THROUGH WOOD LIKE CRAZY HUNGRY FOR SOME ROARING ACTION. SHARPENED CHAIN AND YEARS OF EXPERIENCE KEEPING THE MOST CLOGGED CREEK IN THE STATE PARTIALLY NAVIGABLE, (fish) AND TEETH.

love you all and glad to be healthy.

later daters

nick