Old 03-20-2009   #1
Dynamic Duo's are here

I just paddled the new Dynamic on the Caney Fork in Tenn. this week with the Jackson crew. I think it was the most fun time I have ever had in a kayak. I was surprised how much fun we had an how well it paddled. Super stable, easy to control, easy to roll. You have to try one. Check this video link here from the week before we did it.

You will be able to take your mom out in one of these easily and each would have a blast. CKS just got the Demo in and they also have retail models too

Search Results

bvwp1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009   #2
Just took the Dynamic Duo on the Arkansas River today. Got a friend out first and we did the Narrows. Then he took his wife on the Milk Run. This is there first moment on the water. They did the run in 40 minutes and had a blast. Both said expectations were well exceeded.

Old 03-23-2009   #3
The kids have fun at the take out too

Old 03-23-2009   #4
From Cole who is in the video above with his son

I am admittedly a naysayer of all new things. It was no exception when I first heard of a new tandem kayak from Jackson. My first thought was “who in their right mind would go white water kayaking and depend on someone else help maneuver and roll”. I instantly made up my mind that the concept would flop and I would never try it, not even in a pool. A few weeks later I found myself climbing into the front of Jackson’s new Dynamic Duo for a run down a 40 degree Arkansas River. The water was cold but the sun was out and the flows were up slightly. I couldn’t believe the way the boat handled. The long hull sliced through every wave with supreme stability and could be steered easily around all obstacles. I was surprised how enjoyable it was to work the kayak in tandem with another paddler. I was even more surprised how easily the boat could be rolled – if you can manage to get it upside down. We stopped in a calm and deep eddy and had to purposely try to tip the duo over. Even though our rolls were slightly off in timing the boat seemed to right itself. I had the most fun surfing in the play holes. I’m still learning the art of kayaking so it was an added bonus to have an experienced play boater in the back with the controls.

Later that same day I convinced my wife to join me for an afternoon run down our local beginner run. She sat in front while I steered from the back. She’s never rolled a kayak in the river so her anxiety was through the roof when we first launched the duo. In a matter of minutes she was calmed down and confident in the stability of the boat. We had a great afternoon together and look forward to taking the Duo out together again.

The Dynamic Duo is a phenomenal tool for introducing and teaching newcomers to the sport and for letting novice paddlers experience slightly harder runs with the help of a better paddler. I’ve got a long wish list for new toys but the Dynamic Duo is now at the top. I encourage all kayakers to go out and find one of these boats and give it a try. I’m sure you’ll be hooked.

Cole Philips
Buena Vista, CO
Old 03-23-2009   #5
From Mindy

The dynamic duo was so much fun! As a novice paddler I felt that if gave me a lot of confidence that I didn't have when paddling last year. I loved having another person in the boat telling me what lines to follow and what to avoid (plus being able to talk the whole time was a great bonus for me - probably not so great for my husband). It is such a stable boat! I can see how it would be tons of fun for paddlers of all abilities, and for getting people on the river who haven't experienced kayaking before.

Mindy Phillips- paddler, mom, extreme shopper.
Old 03-24-2009   #6
Buena Vista, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1998

Here's a blog review with some more info on the Duo
Jackson Kayak Dynamic Duo Review With Earl Richmond and Eric Jackson | Colorado Kayak Supply Blog

SilverBullet is offline   Reply With Quote