Rigor in the Dynamic Duo?

or search "duo"

(seven two 0)-298-2242
Dave Frank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2009   #12
Golden, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2000
Plug for the Dynamic Duo

Finally got to get out and demo the Dynamic Duo yesterday and those things are SUPER FUN.

If anyone is wondering what they feel like, on my first experience they're kind of like a very capable canoe that doesn't take on water. More stable than a regular kayak (wide, flat bottom) and fast. The person I was paddling with had recently fractured a bone in her hand, so she couldn't really use a paddle. I asked her to just sit in the front and lean forward a little to keep the balance low if it got rough. From the stern I could maneuver the DUO really well and with the long water line it's super fast and screams into eddies. After just one trip with a non-routine boater, I don't really have a good feel for what the boat is capable of, but the imagination runs wild. The thing is just fun.

We were on the Poudre at low water (little over 2' on the rock). We started out on Bridges to get a feel for things. We then moved up and did Upper Mish. None of it seemed threatening at that level, but it was a great time just working out the rapids -- winding a 12 foot banana down through the rocks, eddies, and waves. I was pretty worried about rolling because I was sure I wouldn't be able to roll back up and I can't imagine trying to pull 125 gallons of boat out of the river. The $1k deposit would be the real deal if you wrapped it.

Anyway, I'm just posting this to give a plug to a fun way to see and share the river. The person in the back does all the driving, but the person in the front gets the best seat to the action. While the water is low and warm its great time to get your non-boating buddies out on the water. Give it a shot.

Damn it feels good
Schizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2009   #13
Edge o' the Dust Bowl, Oklahoma
Paddling Since: 1982
Just saw a blip on the JK web site that a couple of folks just ran a Duo down the Green Narrows. And I think Atom can confirm that one's been down the Embudo. Certainly speaks well for the boat, but more so to the boaters, methinks. Props.

ActionJackson is offline   Reply With Quote