Old 08-24-2011   #21
Longmont, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2010
@bookmillone: My girlfriend had just swum at Sunshine rapid (through the hole on the right at the bottom of the rapid) and two other places. I was being a good sport because my time was due.

raymod2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011   #22
fat guy in a little boat
FtC / Rancho del Rio, Colorado
Paddling Since: 8AM
right on sheena. thanks for the tips!!!

All I need are some tasty waves, a cool buzz, and I'm fine.
- Spicoli
bigben is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011   #23
Longmont, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2010
I contacted Aire's customer service and they were very accommodating. They are sending me a new IK in exchange for the old one so they can examine it to determine if there was anything wrong with it. It sounds like this type of failure is very uncommon and they are interested in finding out the root cause. For my part I am purchasing a pressure gauge so I can be sure to avoid overinflation. I'll be curious to find out how much pressure my foot pump actually generates.
raymod2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011   #24
Meridian, Idaho
Paddling Since: 1989
Sweet! We are looking forward to getting that Tomcat back in the shop. Your boat was definitely still under warranty which really make the process go smoothly through our system. FYI on the pressure gauge, we recommend around 2.5 psi for running pressure.

AIRE Inc. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011   #25
Colorado Springs Paddling Since: 1983
I had this happen years ago on a new Force XL. It was clearly over inflation on my part. I was pumping it up when BAM!. Couldn't believe how loud it was. The zipper split full length and out came the bladder. Once I deflated it I was able to get the zipper to work again and never had another problem. I called Aire and they just said to make sure all of the zipper teeth were meshed together. I'm a little bummed that they didn't offer me a new boat!
Mike Hartley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011   #26
Kudos to AIRE for their responsiveness. Very cool to have a rep posting in the thread.

spthomson is offline   Reply With Quote