Old 01-15-2012   #11
Denver, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1999

Seems like the dry suit aspect has been covered here, but I'd sure take your wife if you don't like here either. She is 1 in a million to get you a drysuit. How did you train her so well?

jasons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012   #12
All over, The USA
Paddling Since: 1920
Don't do it!

Sell the IR or take it back to the store it came from. Your wife did good but she could have done better.

Kokat is the driest, the longest, end of story. Warranty is the best. This is the only company that I have ever seen stand behing their warranty a true 100% I had a dry suit that was over 3 years old, fadded from the sun and all gaskets were blown. This suit had seen tons of action and had many leaks in it from all the abuse I put it through. I sent it in for repair and it turned out that a repair would not fix the leaks and it was covered under warranty. Wow! I was looking at spending over $100 to repair the suit and insted I got it replaced. I got sent a brand new suit and didn't even pay the shipping.

IR is a fine product, I tried a friends recently but it is no kokatat. So let's see when it comes to cost I got two suits for the price of one. Most warranites NEVER work out that way.

asshole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012   #13
Durango, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1990
Kokatat sets the industry standard for craftsmanship and warranty. They've been around the longest and stand behind each item they sell. It's been the same owner since it started and all of their technical pieces and PFD's are manufactured in Arcata. If you're ever in the CA northwest, you should drop by their factory in Arcata, CA. You'd get a chance to see why they're the best. Each drysuit is individually tested with a unique pressure testing system before they're sold. I've seen drytops and drysuits from the early 90's in their repair shop getting fixed FOR FREE!!!!!

To air is human, to get big air divine.
Dwave is offline   Reply With Quote