Old 10-17-2007   #1
Drysuit Deals?

hey - any of you done your homework lately on where and what to get?

I've always wanted one (not a total necessity for me), and i've been way envious of my buds who hop out, totally dry, as i'm dripping water all over my legs/ass....anyways, got a winter trip planned, and seems like the perfect time to pull the trigger.

pretty much like everyone else, i would like to get the most quality for the lowest price.

any ideas?...brands/shops? internet stores?

anything to stay away from?

thanks - S

Steve Kahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2007   #2
Posts: 5 has a sale on a bunch of their suits, and check out the NRS site which has their inversion suit for 500.

good luck when it gets cold there is nothing better!

stb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2007   #3
Golden, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1984
Cascade Outfitters a has some really good deals on Palm drysuits:

Cascade Outfitters Whitewater Rafting Equipment: kayaking gear, Paddle, River Gear, River supplies, Camping equipment, Water filters, Canoe

I found a basic kokatat drysuit at STP a month or two ago, dug up a discount code, and bought it for under $140. No skirt tunnel, but I can make that work. Had I not bought that one, I would be going for that SuperNova at $365.
El Flaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2007   #4
Seattle, Washington
Paddling Since: 1999
Send a message via AIM to JCKeck1
Kokatat Meridian dry suit. Expensive, worth every penny. It's Gore-tex and bone dry. I usually don't get a single bone dry season out of a dry top - I wear through them, but I got the Meridian last march and it is the shit. I like the front entry, the relief zipper is an absolute must and definitely do it with the built in booties to keep you absolutely dry. Plus in the winter you can send it back to Kokatat and they will refurbish the seam tape and any holes from PacNW hellfuck. You won't be able to remember how you ever kayaked before. I wore mine every day of boating this year except for a couple park-n-play ones.
JCKeck1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2007   #5
Lyons, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1998
Send a message via AIM to erdvm1
I'm with Joe, Same suit. At the take out of Gore yesterday I didn't want to take it off..............
My two most important pieces of gear are my jimistyx paddle and my kokatat Drysuit
Go Dawgs!!!
Happiness is a way of travel not a destination
erdvm1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007   #6
Moscow, Idaho
Paddling Since: 1995
I have owned a Palm Stikine for one season, and I've been satisfied with it. The material is a lot heavier and tougher than the Kokatat, which makes me think it will wear a little longer. That said, the DWR on the Palm doesn't seem to be as durable as the Kokatat. I plan to retreat my suit before the winter season gets going. For the money ($650 for mine) it has all the bells and whistles that I need (relief zipper, socks, pocket). So far I have no regrets about going with the Palm over the Kokatat.

phlyingfish is offline   Reply With Quote