Old 07-08-2009   #21
Icebox, Colorado
Paddling Since: 98
Tonya Bina wrote a nice article that tells a lot about Tim’s character and the perspective of some of the people that shared time with him.
Truly a great young man. Always making people smile and laugh was one thing I remember about him....

Fraser teen remembered: 'It was Tim's independence day' |

grandyoso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009   #22
Oak Creek, CO (noon bell, bitches), Colorado
Paddling Since: 2002
What a great article. Really makes you think about your blessings. Best of luck to the Rau's during this time of trying. Safe boating people, be careful.

ritatheraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009   #23
Louisville, Colorado
what caused the flip? asks kazak--

I wish I knew for sure. It sounds from comments that his mother made like he went for the H5O at the top of funnel. He was braver than our entire crew of 5 boats if he did, as we tried to take very conservative lines afraid of the swim. It does not sound like conservative was Tim's style (power to him). Certainly isn't hard to flip a boat in WW in the teens, other boats flipped that day too.
catwoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2009   #24
Great kid!

This was a VERY cool kid that I had the pleasure of rafting with. His parents said that rafting was so great because he felt most like a "normal" kid when he was boating (he had a strong upper body but severely impaired lower body). He was an inspiration to all that knew him and he will be missed. Peace and blessings to Timmy and his family.

Let this be a reminder that the power and serenity of the river give us great peace, tranquility, excitement and energy, and we should remember to treat that power with the utmost respect and humility.

madmike is offline   Reply With Quote