Old 05-10-2009   #1
The Road, Colorado
Paddling Since: '07
Send a message via Yahoo to Badazws6
Double your First Descents Donation!

Hi everyone -

I do not normally ask for donations and I never send mass emails but this is important to me so please excuse me if you think this is spam. I am participating in the 2009 EddyFlower Vertical Challenge...again! This is a competition to see who can drop the most vertical feet in 32 days and a fundraiser for First Descents, a kayaking camp for young adults with cancer.

In 2008 all competitors raised over $28,000, sending 28 young adults with cancer to kayak camp for a week and dropping over 1.4 MILLION feet. Allowing First Descents participants to experience in 7 days what I have been able to enjoy most of my LIFE!

Last year I dropped 15,555 feet and raised $590. For this year’s competition I am trying to step it up, participating in the Open division, where you can run class V and make it into the 20,000 foot club, where I need to raise $750 and drop 20,000 feet in 32 days. This is THE page you can watch during the event, providing real time standings report of competitor progress in vertical, donations and total laps.

So the why: I am sending this out for two reasons.

FIRST: I am looking for sponsorship and your financial support. Any donation to First Descents helps, even if it is just $5. We have set up an easy to use page for making online donations here. Just look for my name in the drop down. Otherwise you can mail a check to my address written to First Descents. All donations are tax deductable. Like last year I am putting my money where my mouth is and I will be matching each and every dollar you donate through me. So it is a great cause and you can easily double the bang of your donation so please be generous.

SECOND: I am calling all you buzzards out, anyone who can put together a team really ought to. There are great prizes, a lot of vertical out there to be got and all funds you raise go to a great cause. Your gonna be paddling anyway, right? With 6 divisions (Class V only to Class III, plus women’s and the weekend warrior class) there is something for everyone and open to all type of water craft (yes, even paco pads). You can register on eddyflower.

Matt R.
Life: Live it!
Badazws6 is online now   Reply With Quote