Old 05-30-2006   #1

Come enjoy a beautiful day of celebrating the river. The Dolores River Festival in Joe Rowell Park downtown Dolores is on June 2nd and 3rd. This is a local celebration from 5:00 - 10:00 PM on Friday at the Dolores River Brewery and from 11:00 AM – 10:00 PM on Saturday at Joe Rowell Park.

Friday night kicks off the festivities with the best Outdoor Gear Silent Auction from dealers such as Chacos, Simms, Petzel, Crazy Creek and Osprey, just to name a few. Come check out this great gear and listen to Legendary Dave Insley at the Dolores River Brewery.

Spend the night in Dolores and wake up to a day of family-fun-filled activities. Start your morning right with the Dolores Rotary Club Fun Run. Kiddlescope presents Children’s activities all day, fly-fishing demonstrations, River Dog contest and FREE RAFT RIDES down the beautiful Dolores River. Great food and music all day with the Lindells, Lawn Chair Kings, Comic Accident, Chopolgy Accepted, Frank Trio and headliner from Austin Texas: Mingo Fishtrap. Start your summer off right!!

kentford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2006   #2
i heard somthing about a kayak race down the dolores but i heard it from brad higinbothem so nobody really knows

rider606 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2006   #3
river dog

ok - got me with this one - really sparked my curiosity....

what is the river dog contest?

as the owner of a bad ass dog, i'm really interested....

will flows be going then? seems like they've dropped.

Steve Kahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2006   #4
River dogs

Yep, the river dog contest is a highly sophisticated version of fetch. But I dont know what particular rules they will have in DOlores. Id suggest contacting brad directly about the race (first I had heard of it) Kent
kentford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2008   #5
Denver, Colorado
Hey y'all,

Bigga Digga is driving in from Denver to play the main stage Saturday evening around 4ish....we're planning on laying down a furious set, but we've got about 3 more hours material than we'll have time to play.

Once y'all are off the water, got a taste at the fest, and know of an after party, we'd like to plug in a play for beers and gas money...find us after our set and let us know!

Looking forward to a great weekend.
BiggaDigga is offline   Reply With Quote