Go Back   Mountain Buzz > Whitewater Boating > Whitewater Kayaking

Old 04-20-2010   #41
Bozeman, Montana
Paddling Since: 1999
partially only if he has the rest of the gay as getup to go along....

caspermike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010   #42
Durango, Colorado
Paddling Since: 05
Originally Posted by waterbuoy View Post
I killed my neighbor's dog a month ago because it was harassing me and I felt threatened. Totally legal in CO!
Wow. Really? Thanks Ted Bundy- why don't you kill the neighbors' kids too? What kind of a person just kills a dog and then brags about it on the internet?

The thing is, why it's a dead horse that keeps getting beat is because some people are dog people and some aren't- nothing is ever going to change that. As in every other aspect of boating and life, respect would go a long way toward fixing the problem, but it's unrealistic to expect everyone to live up to everyone else's standards of respect.

I love my dogs more than most people, which is why I choose to rarely subject them to the ignorance and disrespect of strangers and leave them home.

"There is NOTHING--absolute nothing--half so much worth doing as simply messing about in boats. Look here! If you've really nothing else on hand this morning, supposing we drop down the river together, and have a long day of it?" -Wind in the Willows
TakemetotheRiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010   #43
Land of Lovin, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2006
I get your point Casey, it's always good to be safe. I quit using a leash on my dog after being attacked by other dogs - she couldn't run away from me and usually ended up under my tires so we both wiped out. I sure wish those other dogs that attacked us had been on leashes.

Putting a leash on my dog won't stop another dog from attacking her but the "authorities" would look down on me for sure.

I've seen boaters at play parks not wearing PFD's and it makes me nervous because you just never know what could happen so I agree with you there too.

The cop could only be one of the Village People if the leash is attached to a studded collar.
Jensjustduckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010   #44
Bozeman, Montana
waterb*tch needs a hug. has no heart when you are killing your neighbors dog unless hes biting off your sack in your yard but seriously just kick the damn dog. it wont hurt it near as much.
Old 04-20-2010   #45
your mother's house, hell
It was an AGGRESSIVE pit bull (before anyone starts, I know plenty of pits that I like and some I would never trust) frothing at the mouth on my property with my 3 year old daughter backed against the tire of my truck. I had discussed this dog many times with my neighbors. I would do it again.
waterbuoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010   #46
Bozeman, Montana
cause a dog with teeth and a big head is naturally aggressive looking? what was its attitude posture? my dogs bark but only cause they are to damn excited... tail down, hair on the back up? what the deal?

did you shot it while next to your 3 year old daughter? than you are just as dangerous? if not more and careless? lets hear it, if it wasnt close enough you didnt need to kill it.. seems kinda one way....
Old 04-20-2010   #47
mountains, Colorado
Paddling Since: '92
Ladies and Gentlemen,
Can we get another round of applause for the incredible, the amazing, Hypocritical Dead Horse Beater! You can't say it...but she can!

Originally Posted by Emmielou View Post
Fantastic: the yearly "how much harder can we beat that dead horse" thread. Guess the season has really started now!

Dog owners - leash your dog, clean up after them, and make sure they are safe. Everyone else - get over it, or go to a national park instead of Westwater.
caseybailey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010   #48
Golden, Colorado
Originally Posted by Jensjustduckie View Post
I laugh when I bike past hikers who yell at me to have my dog (who is ONLY focused on me) on a leash while their dog is at the end of it's rope snarling at us. I could see their point if my dog even so much as glanced at them while we went past but she could care less, she'd rather be running than checking out hikers.
An unleashed dog is unpredictable in the eyes of the strangers you are passing. They have no idea what your dog is going to do, even if you do. This unpredictable situation makes people nervous when they shouldn't have to feel nervous and, therefore, you are infringing on their peace.

They are like, "oh great, here comes a dog off the leash" and it stresses them out. It ruins a minute of their peaceful nature walk and that is why they get mad at you.

It is not the biggest deal in the world and they don't need to yell at you, but they think you are being inconsiderate and disprespectful and that is why some people are reacting like that to you.
Ture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010   #49
pnw, Washington
Good god, I cant believe I am getting trolled back into this but here goes....Just because my dog is a 100lb German Shepard doesnt mean you should kill him. Just saying if you were my neighbor and you killed my dog....you wouldnt like me very much after that.
"Yesterday I was clever and tried to change the world. Today I am wise and try to change myself." -Rumi
gh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010   #50
Moab, Utah
Paddling Since: 2006
oh jeez, Hypocritical? haha, check your dictionary. How about "sarcasm." Beat the horse all you want, just don't beat my dog.

I think it's easiest just to keep dogs leashed in crowded areas where you might not be able to give them full attention, like rigging on a boat ramp, so as not to antagonize or annoy others. But if your dog is truly under voice command and stays out of the way of others, maybe there is no difference. Of course, how do you convince some owners that voice command does not mean you yell at the dog 7 times until he gets distracted by a squirrel and stops humping the other group's leashed lab?

“May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the most amazing view. May your mountains rise into and above the clouds.”-Ed Abbey
Emmielou is offline   Reply With Quote