Go Back   Mountain Buzz > Whitewater Boating > Whitewater Kayaking

Old 04-30-2004   #1
steamboat, Colorado
Does anyone commute from Denver to Boulder in the mornings?

I have to take a class at CU this summer. I was wondering what the morning commute will be like. I will need to be parked and in the classroom by 9:00 AM. How early do I need to leave? How miserable is the morning traffic? I get out by noon, so not worried about afternoon commute.

Also, anyone familiar with RTD options?

latenightjoneser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2004   #2
Denver, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1995
I drive from NW Denver to Boulder a couple times a week. I head up Sheridan to 36, and then into Boulder. I leave around 8:15-8:30 and it takes about 35-40 minutes. The traffic is usually pretty light.

RTD options are pretty good. The B express leaves downtown Denver every 30 minutes in the morning and gets to Table Mesa in about 30 minutes. I hop off and bike to my office from there, but I know it continues on and swings up and over the hill by campus. www.rtd-denver.com will have specific route details.

Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2004   #3
I'd leave 45 minutes just for driving time to be safe (I communte daily from 33rd to Broadway and Iris in Boulder). Its generally light, but can be really nasty sometimes. If you're able, the bus option is a good one. What part of Denver are you coming from?
mortimersnerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2004   #4
Web / Database / CMS Developer
I ride the B-Local to Boulder from Westminster almost everyday. If you are dropping in from Denver-Denver, you may be able to catch the B-Express. RTD has a site at www.rtd-denver.com with full scheduals listed. Anyone know when RTD will start putting kayak racks on their busses?
Trevor is offline   Reply With Quote