Old 04-15-2004   #1
Father of illegitimate San Juan sasquatch children, Climax. CO
Does anybody know what is up with escalante?

Just looking to see when and if escalante is running. I am not sure exactly which basin is the drainage for escalante on snotel? I am a durangatang and valle has been running a little bit, but we are trying to find a couple of people who know the illness of the lines on escalante and would like to go paddle it someday. John @ 970-259-3316. I will be pretty busy for the next couple of weeks, but an exception can always be made for a new run of the class V caliber.

floaty22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2004   #2
It's not up to any sort of boatable level yet, the last cool stretch slowed down the rise. Maybe another week. As usual, I'll be checkin it out on Friday, will letcha know if its up.

Western Slope WaterMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2004   #3
Thanks for the info. I will be ready to go when it is time. thanks for your help. if you ever want to run anything down here nad need partners then let me know!
Old 04-20-2004   #4
John, I have no idea whether it is running or not. But in terms of the "illness of lines" Escalante isn't nearly as difficult or commiting as Vallecito. I have only done Vallecito once at 2.4, so I can't compare any other levels, but Escalante will be a low grade 5- if it goes this year. The water is warm, and you can walk and scout everything. Just don't run anything blind if you don't have a guide, mostly due to wood and a couple ugly rock placements. The book is pretty tell all...and Escalante is in my opinion a much easier run than Valle. You don't need a guide. Very fun nonetheless.

I may give you a call in a few weeks for Valle. My parents live down there, and I loved that run.
Kyle McCutchen
Cutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2004   #5
Englewood, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1978
Kyle- I think I'm headed to CB/Durango the week of the 15th (unless I go to the Kern). Maybe we can do Vallecito together then. I"ll call you as my plans get more solid.

Join up, suckas.

"People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought which they avoid."
- Soren Kierkegaard
Caspian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2004   #6
whats up guys, this is johnny down here in dur. At the exact moment snow is falling and coolness has locked up the snow from melting. animas has come down about 300. i think that valle is down too, it gets cold up there. but give me a call if some of you guys want and we will run something. Right on!
I just went and saw the white album , it was a cool vid and now i am finishing a couple of papers and just dreamin' about creeks. Why not procrastinate on mountainbuzz for a while? Give a call, i'm ready to go.