Old 01-02-2013   #21
WA, Washington
I let people borrow stuff all the time. SOmetimes I am there, sometimes I'm not. I've lost some stuff, but usually people bring me their spare stuff to and the gear gets passed around and it's a pretty neat thing. I've had some wrecked stuff, but we fix it up over a few beverages and all is good in the world again. (All the stuff i loan out is inflatable style rafts, kayaks, etc). Usually it's my boating buddies outfitting their girlfriend or brother, etc.

My only fear would be some type of accident. I wouldn't hesitate to loan stuff to out of towners as long as they seemed "reasonable"...

hope this helps,

PinkyF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013   #22
behind your mom, Colorado
Nope, had a guy from here actually steal a my shirt, oakley glasses, helmet bag, and shoes. I left it in his truck. Called him to come pick it up and he wouldnt answer or return my calls. He was moving back to GA (I think). This was after we paddled together 3 or 4 times.

streetdoctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013   #23
doesn't need a fake name
Fort Collins, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1996
I lend boats out all the time (not quite for a living, but not just as a hobby). With strangers, I try to make sure that they're not doing anything too dangerous. I usually try to paddle with them, but it's not always possible. I had one or maybe two older boats get completely destroyed, but no really bad experiences.

If anyone is curious about fluid boats, give me a pm.

leif is offline   Reply With Quote

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off