Go Back   Mountain Buzz > Whitewater Boating > Whitewater Kayaking

Old 04-28-2006   #11
Send a message via MSN to Rushis Right
Fuckin A right that picture is sweet. My buddy greenie and I took this douchbag down lower clear creek a few years ago. Greenie met him on the buzz. We scouted screamin quarter and this guys is like I don't need to scout anything. The whole way down he is padding his ass off. The flow was moderate and he was gripped. We hit screaming q8tr and he is done. He got his boat pinned on that big ass rock center right. He flushed under a tree and as we got him out all he was worried about was his busted ass Freakenstein. The fire dept got his boat off a few days later that bitch wasn't moving. Oh well it kinda funny now.

Such a long long time to be gone and a short time to be there..... GD
Rushis Right is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2006   #12
Paddling Since: 1994
i was going to post on and on about all the good people ive me here but all i can think of is that avatar. whats that? you too! i cant remember who had/has the quote that would go perfect with that. somethng along the lines of.... like it or not we are all the result of a sexual act.

zbaird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2006   #13
Send a message via MSN to Rushis Right
It's the recording from my birth. Thx for noticing.
Such a long long time to be gone and a short time to be there..... GD
Rushis Right is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2006   #14
You refering to greenie that moved to MT then to CA? If so, I boated with him up here a bit. Great stuff.

I've met a couple of great paddling pards on the I net. Usually work up to harder water so that I know what to expect, that's all.

I know of a nightmare story of a Mid Fork of Sal trip with an internet meetup, though.
"Government is like a baby: An alimentary canal with a big appetite at
one end and no sense of responsibility at the other."

- Ronald Reagan
mike a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2006   #15
Thanks for taking me down Foxton sj. But I agree be careful who you hook up with and what kind of water. Kind of like a blind date...some work out and some don't. An easier run can be like lunch or a cup of coffee.
GunShow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2006   #16
Preacher of the Profit Paddling Since: 1990
on the net

SJ, sorry I didn't hook up with you guys to boat. Got sun burnt to hell the day before finishing up a home project. Back yards done now I should be done for the summer. Hope to get out there soon.

I hope the net is a good place to meet paddling partners. It's all I got for my crazy hours.

I love to dance, but who needs the music- It throws me off.
Don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2006   #17
loveland, Colorado
paddle buddy's

Due to my schedule I don't have any "regular" partners. I've met plenty of good boaters and will take my chances anytime for a "day" run. I rely on this board for paddlers otherwise I boat class IV alone. Don't tell my wife though of she will ground me.
suigeneris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2006   #18
It's worked for me. I managed to hook up with a solid, cool boater at Bailey last weekend. I plan on finding someone else to show me down Lower South Boulder as soon as it's ready! Just talk to the person before hand and find out their experience. If someone you found on the net just wanted to ride in a raft and paddle or somethin, then I'd say you might have a gaper on your hands.
El quapo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2006   #19
Focus on your own damn family, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1981
I found a boater for yesterday. We were going to run Bailey then switched over to Pine Creek/Numbers. Since I had been sick all week I was clearly the weak link. But between BKC and I we only had one roll The entire day (it was a bit cool).

I moved here three years ago with extensive paddling experience elsewhere. I have also joined the Pikes Peak White Water Club. I have only found someone in the club willing to try something challenging once.

I decided this year I would have to look elsewhere when I want to push myself. (I do have my eye on a couple of the club members). The one time I have looked for paddlers on this forum it worked great. I will definately try again.
cbrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2006   #20
pnw, Washington
I think "challenging" is subjective. Glad you found someone to paddle with.

gh is offline   Reply With Quote