Closed Thread
Old 04-10-2007   #51
Front Range, Colorado
Vigilante justice!!! Grab the rope!!! I'm with you all, lets hang em high!!! Oh wait...I don't understand the situation. I don't know what really happened. Who am I to comemment on the punishment handed out? And who are you all to do the same? You want to take these kids down and punish them, where is the trial, where is the reason and understaning. Where is the deomcarcy? Not that we live in a true democracy or anything. You all seem so holy up in your ivory towers. Where you always act accordingly! Listen to yourselves. You have gone off the deep end!!! Take to steps back and wait a few days befor you decide the fate of these boys. I feel like I am in Salem or something. If he was so pissed he should have called the cops, and it should never have gone this far. He would have been satifisfied, and the real laws under which we live would be upheld, and these senseless actions we have all called for would have taken a wildly different turn.

Old 04-10-2007   #52
Shitty situation

it was my buddy and I who got searched last year, I had to drive to delta at 5 am to bail him out and get on the river by 9...the BLM rangers definitely come out there and I'm kinda surprised they didn't stop out that night

Sucks that people would be such dicks and so disrespectful to fellow paddlers...I hope to go next weekend but if that happens I'm outta there...sound slike a totally unsafe situation...I take my risks on the river not the campsite

The fact that they stole shit the next lame, I would definitely post their names too that is just uncalled for...I hope they man up and apologize for their behavior

Old 04-10-2007   #53
Lakewood, Colorasta
Paddling Since: 1997
Dude, your not a pansy at all. I can't believe that anyone would behave like this with other groups around. First posting their names is a good heads up for us all. Second, you should have called the cops and had those fools arrested. I do believe that Alex H. is a pro kayaker. Do we wan't chumps like him giving our sport a bad name. He seems like a great Dagger rep to me.

I have been around guns since I was 10. Drugs, booze and firearms are a bad thing. Any responsible gun owner believes this.

my condolences
Old 04-10-2007   #54
Denver, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2004
Send a message via AIM to craven_morhead
Kent, see the previous page for Dagger's response.
Old 04-10-2007   #55
keep the shooting on your daddys farm, you're scaring off some valuable shuttle bunnys and causing a scene. west side? Come on dude. the west side of denver is way more thug than your podunk hicktowns you rep on the west slope. you're making the west slope trashy.

respek for anyone with the balls to apologize, that's a tough move, but for those who dont, sounds like you have every crew in Colorado- east and west- greasin up their ATs to shove up your ass. Just know the chunderposse doesn't use any lube on punk ass chodes, cuz friction hurts biotch.
Seriously Dude!
Old 04-10-2007   #56
KVBA TV8 Vail weatherman/Colorado Kayaker, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1992
Send a message via MSN to hobie
And just to calirfy, I do know the story. Right from Alex. So the decision was based on hearing both sides of the story and not just over reacting to a post here. I was told the group was intoxicated and shooting guns. I too am for having a good time and have partied my share. But late night shooting in the dark while drinking is wrong. And that is what I heard happened from both parties involved. Thats enough for me.
Old 04-10-2007   #57
Lakewood, Colorasta
Paddling Since: 1997
Originally Posted by hobie View Post
I too am more then disapointed in hearing this story. When I read Alex's name I got sick and mad at the same time. I have known Alex long enough to know he is a good person. Sure he gets on here and ruffles some feathers from time to time but this time was different. I have heard his side of the story and read the one posted here from Glen and had to make a tough decision. After speaking with Alex this morning I have decided to suspend him from the team for 1 year.
I have made some bad decisions in my life. I think we all have. But this was a bit over the top. All I ever ask from my athletes is to be respectable ambassadors to the sport. That did not happen over the weekend and some very bad decisions were made. I can't speak for the others involved but I do know that I like Alex and that he had a lapse in judgement. I was not there so commenting further is pointless. But as the Team manager of Dagger I hold my athletes to a higher standard. I believe Alex will learn from this quickly and be brought back on next year. I know he has already had a rude awakening from this and realizing how much worse it could be. The decision is his. To the others involved I encourage you to think about the words you are slinging at people here. The Colorado paddling community is a great one and your "up yours attitude" is a big insult to many respectable paddlers here. Think about it guys, you were wrong. My apologies to everyone for the actions of one of my athletes and more so, one of my friends. He was in the mix but it is inexcusable.

Hobie, I've only met you once. You did the right thing. Things like this make me real mad. Makes me think that maybe I'm gettin too old for all this stuff. In no way do we think you or Dagger are responsible for his actions
Old 04-10-2007   #58
Superior, Colorado
Send a message via AIM to Lurch
I know eighth grade students with better logic and grammar than this guy.

Originally Posted by caspermike View Post
just cause there sponsered shouldn't mean they have to be angels 24/7 f*ck that, the pics in mags are of kayaking, so why does there life have to follow the perfect image of kayakers, they already know how to kayak!

don't ever change who you are! cause if you do than you're just lost.
if you are a partier than keep on parting cause the ones who make a big deal are the ones who wish they knew how to have fun!
Old 04-10-2007   #59
Props to Hobie for the quick decision, I hope other sponsors will step forward as well and I'll seriously consider not supporting any sponsor who apparently condones such wreckless and disrespectful behaivor.

We've all made mistakes and done things we regretted, and usually we learn best when there are consequences. Apologies are one part of the process, consequences are the other.

It's also important to note 2 things: 1) As Leland said this is not apparently an isolated one time incident for the people involved, but is more of a pattern; and 2) what they did was not just totally irresponsible and disrespectful, it went beyond that and potentially endangered other lives.

I have a strong steak of western libertarianism in me that says fine do what you want: but just remember your rights end where mine begin. That means leave my shit alone; leave my tent alone; and go shoot your gun along ways away from me if you're drunk. Sounds like these young studs are lucky the ran into a nice guy.
Old 04-10-2007   #60

Edgeworth, where all the big runs are? Come on buddy, get over your mank. Just cause all your good runs involve sieves and have piton rocks every five feet doesn't make them big, ugly pieces of shiat perhaps but the "big stuff", come on. Yeah, I'm in d-town until june then heading back to cali. You should come out to cali this year with forrest and hit middle kings. Finney, I got your P.M. but my county e-mail is so sensored that I can't say anything I want to so I'll just say it here, sometimes we all get drunk and act like jackass's it's just part of being human and having a little fun. If you steal a guys tequilla even though he did leave it by the fire you can't come back and call him and all front rangers pussies though, the boating community is too small in Rado. Guns are all good and fun when you hicks are out in the backwoods, but don't bring those things to sweet free campgrounds like escalante. We have enough campgrounds crawling with rangers and fee boxs that we need to respect places we still have left like escalante. And I'd definitly pit alot of the front range "pussies" against yourself.

Closed Thread