Closed Thread
Old 04-10-2007   #41
Spits Hot Fire
N. Cascades, Washington
Dude, hobie, not everyone is upset by your decision. I know a few who think it's a really good one.

These aliases with bad grammar coming to the last minute defense are horribly lame.

Old 04-10-2007   #42
West side, Colorado
i think u all should get ur story strait.... and not just listen to some front range dood get all upset and post some shit on the buzz... maybe u should talk to every body who was there.....we handled the firearms in the right way.... glenn is just upset his dog ran advice is to tie his dog up....

Old 04-10-2007   #43
pnw, Washington
I gotta tell you man thats just funny. If you are drunk, you dont handle firearms. Its a smart rule, maybe you will live to see why, maybe you wont.
"Yesterday I was clever and tried to change the world. Today I am wise and try to change myself." -Rumi
Old 04-10-2007   #44
White R. BC
Durango, Colorado
Sounds like Alex is lucky. He could have gotten his ass tossed in jail, or got it kicked (or got his gun shoved up his...) by some one not as tolerant as Glen. Or it could have esclated to... Someone already already said it, it's respect. You do the crime, sometimes you do the time. Burn the hormones on the river.
Old 04-10-2007   #45
West side, Colorado
ya dood ive never seen a hunter drink in my life.....
Old 04-10-2007   #46
Fort Collins, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2006

I think you're missing the point. There's partying and theres recreationally shooting rifles. I think glen and everyone else here is upset because both activities were not only combined, but that someone had asked these people to stop. Judgement, coordination, and discipline are all parts of the brain that are affected by alcohol. I certainly would not like to be around someone firing a gun in that kind of state. Not to mention the fact that part of a sponsorship is portraying an image for the company. I dont think any company would like to be associated with an image of obnoxious, reckless behavior.
Old 04-10-2007   #47
Bozeman, Montana
Paddling Since: 1999
kids will be kids

dude, sounds like glen needs a chill pill or something, alright guns and drugs don't mix but was anybody shot? no no problem than right! glen bought the alcohol to be drank did it get drank? yeah no problem there when someboay is sitting on there high chair and like to controll every aspectic of everything shouldn't be kayaking cause what if he gets worked in tunnel is he going to come on this shit and b*tch that the hole was uncomfortable? no one night glen? seems to me like the boys aren't the only ones needing to do some growing up! don't bring drama to the buzz its for kayaking and hey alex and conner lets do some creeking in casper we can shot all the guns we want here with out whinners and we can drink till we pass out and still be great kayakers the next day!
why can't a kayaker be a partier? why can't a kayaker like drugs cause its not the perfect glen mold? ahah
enough drama get boating glen
Old 04-10-2007   #48
Denver, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2004
Send a message via AIM to craven_morhead

In response to your point, I think hobie is put into a tough spot. As team paddlers, these guys' actions do reflect on their sponsors. That's the tradeoff for being the face of a company. If Clay Wright was found in a hotel room with a hooker and an 8 ball, it would reflect poorly on Jackson Kayaks. Professional basketaball players are suspended for their off-court conduct for the same reason. It's in the nature of being a sponsored athlete.
Old 04-10-2007   #49
I've paddled with both Conor & Alex at different times, and they were cool guys and a pleasure to paddle with. They obviously crossed the line here, but I think the kayaking community would forgive them and move on if they make a legit apology (preferably one with complete sentences). There are obviously two sides of the story, but when someone like Leland says he's seen this shit before, it doesn't look good.

When you are a sponsored paddler you are representing our sport. If you're going to pull shit like that don't do it next to a river with boats on your roof. The nature of the access issues we deal with means we all need to be practicing good PR whether we are sponsored or not.

Hobie - props on your decision. Alex is one of the most talented paddlers I've ever seen, and I'm sure he'll come back to Dagger next year with a new perspective on what it means to be a pro kayaker.

Stop with the Aliases. Not helping your case.

Edited to add:

CasperMike: Now on my list of people to never camp with. Scary shit. Kids will be kids, and that is why only adults are supposed to have guns and tequila. Choose to be a kid or to have booze/guns...
Old 04-10-2007   #50
Bozeman, Montana
Paddling Since: 1999
just cause there sponsered shouldn't mean they have to be angels 24/7 f*ck that, the pics in mags are of kayaking, so why does there life have to follow the perfect image of kayakers, they already know how to kayak!

don't ever change who you are! cause if you do than you're just lost.
if you are a partier than keep on parting cause the ones who make a big deal are the ones who wish they knew how to have fun!

Closed Thread