Closed Thread
Old 04-10-2007   #111
Boulder, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1995

Alex has been removed from the Team NRS website in the last hour.

Old 04-10-2007   #112
Boulder, Colorado

Originally Posted by possumturd View Post
Alex has been removed from the Team NRS website in the last hour.
still hanging tuff on the Astral site as of 3:25 PM mountain.

Old 04-10-2007   #113
Bozeman, Montana
Paddling Since: 1999
you homos

you guys are homos checking out there team sites to see if they are booted off them! at least they were on there! alot more than i can say for some of you posser boaters that hang around the buzz all day dreaming about clean helixs and pan ams! get a life and stay out of others
Old 04-10-2007   #114
Moscow, Idaho
Like it matters. I am sure all his sponsors are asking for his gear back as we speak (yeah right). The kid got taken to task, fess'd up, apologized, and got dropped by several of his sponsors. Isn't that enough for one day, without the updates?
"A river is more than an amenity, it is a treasure."
-Oliver Wendell Holmes writing for the majority in New Jersey v. New York
Old 04-10-2007   #115
Moscow, Idaho
Paddling Since: 2003
What we are doing at NRS

Reported bad behavior by one of our NRS Team Members, Alex Hotze, has come to our attention. While we are investigating this, Alex is suspended from Team NRS.

We’re proud to sponsor competitive paddlers who uphold the highest standards of the sport. We expect them to be good role models, respect other boaters and promote kayaking positively. Bill Parks built NRS on the model of “A company that I would want to do business with.” We expect our sponsored athletes to live up to that same philosophy in the way they represent NRS to the boating community. And they do. We continually receive amazing stories and feedback on our team members helping grow the sport and touching people’s lives in a positive manner.

You can be assured we’ll take the appropriate action in this case.

Old 04-10-2007   #116
Denver, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2004
Send a message via AIM to craven_morhead
I think Canada summed up things well. While it sucks that these guys are (apparantly) losing sponsorships, I think it's a reflection of two things. The first, as I've said before, is that professional athletes are representitives of their sponsors. The second, which Canada referred to, is that the boating community is small, and that these sorts of incidents (including what goes on on the river, off the river, and even online) are remembered. Most boaters I know are extremely laid-back and forgiving, but it's still easy to tarnish your reputation with your peers with a chain of bad decisions, especially when the community is so small and so tight.
Old 04-10-2007   #117
Front Range, Colorado
While Alex took a serious beating today. Will anything happen to Connor and his affiliation with Pyranha? My guess is no. When you boats are named the 420, the Burn, and the Ammo you totaly condone this kind of behavior!
Old 04-10-2007   #118
Colorado Springs, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1992
Alright, I have to state the obvious objection to the actions at Escalante. The buzz has pounded these guys over the issues. Now, can they learn a lesson?

Alex, the tough lessons in life come from experience. Props to you for keeping your mouth shut on this thread - unless you're using an alias - but until proven otherwise, you have a chance at redemption. Being humble in the face of criticism shows potential for foregiveness from your peers and may indicate true wisdom gained on your part - but you must be sincere.

Hobie, great job as a mentor to this young man, he needs a hard lesson which will come with time and reflection. I'm 100% behind you and Daggar's decision, and regardless of what some have said, this is a private decision, accorded no due process but rather sound judgement by a leader.

Connor, a healthy dose of respect is something that should be mutual between people, until circumstances warrant a change. Man, you continue to pile on the negative circumstances and you will continue to lose respect if you don't shut up and make good. Nothing coming from you sounds sincere! At this point, I doubt you have it. Respect is something easily lost and much more difficult to "get back." What you lost at Escalante and here on the Buzz will take years to earn back, if ever. You should seriously consider posting ONE more time and saying something like - "Yes, Mr. Walker and fellow boaters, I see the error of my ways and I am going to prove that I deserve repreive; one, from my careless actions at Escalante and two for my foolish and immature behavior afterwards." I'm not bashing you, Connor, but hoping you will save yourself and learn something.

I too, along with almost everyone in the world has and will make mistakes, but our character as a person is not defined by our mistakes but what we do to face our mistakes. As of today, your character sucks! DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT.
Old 04-10-2007   #119
Leonidus you are a total douche bag. Is it weird that you have an aka, or did you really just join in April 2007, and get really concerned with the boating community?

As far as Pyranaha goes, why do you care what they name their boats. You are such a fu^&*in' loser. What should they name them, sunshine and rainbow. I'm not defending Con-hair-boater's actions, but you seem to have a personal vendeta against the youngster. As I'm sure he's about to find out, this is not going to go away any time soon. He is going to be carring around this rep for years. How much punishment should we dole out to him? And why does anybody care what you have to say. You just joined this forum in April. If you are going to directly attack a kid, at least sign your name.

You need to come off of your high horse and hit the spliff.

Peter Stromberg
hey diddle diddle...
Old 04-10-2007   #120
Leonidus is a douche bag!

hey diddle diddle...
Closed Thread