Old 08-15-2008   #11
Eagle County, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2002
Thanks, Andy. I will keep you posted on the details once I get it all figured out.

It takes a big man to cry...It takes an even bigger man to laugh at that man.

-Jack Handy
WhiteLightning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2008   #12
, Colorado
Be careful out there. I caught 3 guys trying to rip me off at shoshone put- in......couldn't kick their ass at that time. (witness's)..not worth the prison time. However..I remember them and will seek revenge. So..bottom line, don't leave "anything" unattended , even for a second. Soon as I turned my back they took my oars and straps..which I "did" get back. heads -up!

Originally Posted by WhiteLightning View Post
(Buzzards, if you can help, please send me an e-mail) Sticky?

I was reading yesterday’s Vail Daily and came across this article:

It seems that some dirtbag stole personal belongings from Meet the Wilderness campers while they were out on a camping trip.

Meet the Wilderness is a local camp program that brings troubled inner city youth to the mountains for an educational experience ( and is an outstanding charitable organization.

I spoke with my former neighbor, Todd, who is the Trips Director and he said the kids are orphans with very difficult pasts who have very little to their names. The things that they did have were stolen including cash, iPods, video games, cell phones, and other personal belongings while they were visiting our community. The total amount to replace these items is probably around $1500 according to Todd.

I think that this is a really bad situation, and is something that we as a community can make better. I am planning on donating some money on behalf of Managed Data to Meet the Wilderness to help replace the stolen items. If I could, I would do it all myself, but I need some help. I would like to call upon my friends and colleagues in the local business community, and local community in general to help these kids out.

If there is anything you can donate, even if it isn’t much, it would be greatly appreciated. Please e-mail me at and let me know what you can do, and I will coordinate collecting the money, and adding it to Managed Data’s donation and will personally see that it goes towards replacing the stolen belongings.

David Dempsey
Managed Data

ballbuster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2008   #13
thornton, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1969
Is it too late to help out just read forum.
raymo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2008   #14
Eagle County, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2002
Hi, we raised enough money to replace the kids' stuff. We even had a little left over that is going to be used to bring the kids back next year (or others from their home). If you want to participate, you are still welcome to participate.

I am a little behind, I am going to write a press release, and will post it here with a full recap and thank-you for everyone.

Thanks again to everyone that helped out, and to the Mbuzz community for helping me spread the word.

It takes a big man to cry...It takes an even bigger man to laugh at that man.

-Jack Handy
WhiteLightning is offline   Reply With Quote