Old 09-21-2005   #11
Whether you are a freestyler or not you are going to love the "M" Wave. "M" is for Montrose. Outside of a Montrose, Colorado a manmade drainage ends abruptly in a pool. The sudden halt of gradient creates the perfect steep wave. Kayakers slide in off of a 8 foot high bridge above the wave for the ride of their lives. Hopping and spinning has never been so exciting.

From google

Bradley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2005   #12
It's ok, let them have the Mwave, it's all the western slope has got.. Besides I heard they use that ditch to flush the sludge out of all the sheep pens..

cma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2005   #13
I'm disapointed at how selfish and arrogent some people in the Colorado boating community have become. It's just a wave. Get over it! If people want to come out and surf it, they'll pay the gas to get there. After all, I don't think Montrose is exactly the biggest boating town in the state. I'd be surprized if there are more than 20 people in the town that would want to surf it. Anyone who will crowd "your" wave will most likely have to drive a great distance to get there. Someone posted a while back that if your not sponcered, you don't belong there. I'd have to say that you should get a life. There are other things such as work that you might consider doing and quit worrying about the fricken wave.
cemartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2005   #14
Thought-criminal, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2000
No, don't have to be just need to "wait patiently until someone brings you". Eventually, "if you are supposed to be there, someone you know will show you the way". You also have to be willing to play "ookie cookie" is the custom. Sorry, I'm drunk.
I hope in the future Americans are thought of as a warlike, vicious people, because I bet a lot of high schools would pick "Americans" as their mascot. -Jack Handy
BastrdSonOfElvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2005   #15
Denver, Colorado
You need to be sponsored and have a mimimum of eight stickers on your helmet to be there. I have no idea where it is, and I don't care. Union Chutes is running 25 cfs, sick play!

LoopDog is offline   Reply With Quote