Old 06-10-2004   #1
No seas pendejo
Bonedale, Ra'do
Paddling Since: Nam
Send a message via AIM to Uncle B
Denver to Seattle

Hello out there....Next friday i drive to Seattle and was curious to know if there are any play parks along the way. i wish i could hit some river stretches but my girlfriend is still learning her roll. i will be taking the 25 out of colorado, through wyoming, then hitting the 90 west through Montana on to Seattle. so if you guys can kick down some beta sweet. id really like to spend a day in Montana, any ideas? thanks, BRENT...

salvation is in the mind, be mindful at all times
J. Kerouac
Uncle B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2004   #2
A couple of ideas: I'm not sure of the water flow but there is a class II-III stretch in Jackson Hole on the Snake River that is pretty sweet. You'll have to talk to the companies around there to see if the level is good. If they say its too high for a newbie I remember a nice wave about half way down the run where some guys were getting pimpy. It was park and play. I know thats vague, but I'm sure some folks in Jackson will know what I'm talking about.

Also, in or around Bend, Oregon, there are a couple of good rivers. I would give a call to some outfitters in Bend and tell them your plight. I was visiting some friends a couple of years ago and saw some awesome stuff. too bad I wasn't paying better attention.

Anyway, that should help. You may be able to find some stuff in Idaho too.

Good luck!

yarn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2004   #3
Engineering tech.
You will have to deviate a bit from your original route but this will get you to Seattle and close to some rivers. I'm not sure of all the HWY#'s sorry.

Snake river close to Jackson Hole WY.
Then head west to HWY 93 through Salmon ID. Hit the Salmon all roadside with play spots. Head N. on HWY93 to Missoula and hit the Clark Fork. There is a play wave before the Gorge starts ask around in Missoula for directions. West on HWY 90 to the Spokane River, there is a play wave in town. Once again you will have to make a few calls to get specific directions.

Hope this helps. Have fun driving through some awesome mountain ranges...

cmatt is offline   Reply With Quote