Dekalb, Texas
Originally Posted by yourrealdad View Post
Is this English?
LoL. Drunken, sleepless english.

BooF4FooD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009   #12
Dekalb, Texas
Originally Posted by BooF4FooD View Post
fuck yall just made about 400 or 500 hundred off of break...or whatever it is there days... i voted to homepage... i check that site out everyday... good shit guys
Fuck, yall probably just made four or five hundred dollars from Break. I'm not quite sure, but I think that what they are paying these days. Anyways, that was some good shit, so I voted it to the homepage.

BooF4FooD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009   #13
185 lb. waste of space, Keeping Glenwood Springs real
Paddling Since: 1864
Originally Posted by BooF4FooD View Post
Fuck, yall probably just made four or five hundred dollars from Break. I'm not quite sure, but I think that what they are paying these days. Anyways, that was some good shit, so I voted it to the homepage.

Better but I still have no idea what you are talking about. Don't worry about it, just get drunker. It will all be over soon anyways. G-night
970-217-21 six six
yourrealdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009   #14
Bozeman, Montana
Paddling Since: 1999
no shit. i couldn't even comprehende`..

personally i would send them an invoice for $3000 minimumfor the search and rescue!
caspermike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009   #15
Durango, Colorado
Paddling Since: 06
yes i have met demshitz...just after they all got outta jail at fibark
I've never boated before, but I have posted a lot on Mountain Buzz!
rg5hole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009   #16
Denver via GJ, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2003
No disrespect because I am sure he would have if he had to, but this looks more like "assists" than "saves" scenario (ah journalism). Good stuff though. Did not know tugs were designed to stay afloat upside down, but makes sense now.
"I plan to leisurely advance through my existence" - Terry Fuhrman 1991
-k- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009   #17
The next zone, .
Well done boys!!! Way to get out there and help..

Hell if I am ever in the water for what ever reason I would be super stoked to see dave or any one of the guys paddlin in to help me...

Originally Posted by doublet View Post
Dear Demshitz -

Saving these tugboaters puts you one step closer to forgiveness after the Pandoras incident. You're officially at step 1. You've still got a ways to go.

Give it a rest...

Yes some mistakes were made that day... Just to let you know - you have no idea the way that it all went down that day or the day before... Accidents happen both in kayakin and life... After talkin with people who were actually there (not just readin the mtn buzz post) demshitz put themselvs at a huge risk to help a fellow paddler....

SO are you sayin that they should have said fk the other boater (a good friend who almost died with a slip hikin to the put in)???? Yes you are right the should have said fuck the other guy - I guess you see the sacrifice of another boater gettin hurt or killed as worth it but not for me bro.... Demshits took went above and beyond then took the heat.... Earning more respect from me and are even more stand up in my opinion for doin what they did that day....

Demshits also showed just how stand up they are by not buyin into the buzz bullshit that was in that thread...

Think what you like about demshitz but when total bullshit comes out I feel the need to at least speak up...
"I feel better than any other time when I am in the mountains and uh I cant explain it ya know...." - Shawn Farmer..........
Jahve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009   #18
Word. Give that shit a rest. Props to those guys for going out and kayaking and not getting caught in this internet shit. Whats even better is they provide us with good stoke and entertainment.....not like some of you f'ing chodes that only want to speak up on the buzz if it's classV+ related to show us how rad you are.

I've seen those guys around the state a couple times, they've always been super cool, good fellas. Thats more than I can say for a lot of co. boaters who wont so much as acknowledge another paddler at the put in cause they're so fuckin core.
El quapo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009   #19
Denver, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2004
Nice tugboat carnage!

Way to help those guys out. Good river karma.

Freddy McStout, no briney under your hiney to keep your smile all shiney?

RDNEK, kinda funny how you threaten to hang boaters who might F up access to your backyard run, but when your buddies hose it up somewhere else, its a stand up job?

From RDNEK ealier this year about lake creek...
"I hope it does not happen but if you are the group or in a group of boaters that pisses off this landowner you will be hunted down like a dog and maybe gettin off lynched is too easy... This is a nightly afterwork run for a bunch of us up here and if you disrespect this man or his land you will have made a ton of enemies for life!!! Not joking here..................."

Thinking that if some guys you weren't pals with hosed it up the same way on lake creek, you'd be leading the lynchmob pitchforks in hand.

Its easy to see why CO boaters who run this would be pissed. Maybe a few people know the whole story, but others don't, and they have every right to be pissed. Regardless of your intentions or how much briney stout you drop, no crew will be remembered fondly if they hose up access for locals who lost their bread n butter.

Some communictaion and some sincere apologies would go a long way. Telling people to F off because its the dem-pitz crew seems weak, and seems to imply that you shouldn't be held accountable for your actions if your a badass with a video. Lame.
deepsouthpaddler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009   #20
My earlier post was meant to be tongue in cheek. If my closest buddies got caught in Pandoras I'd give them shit for a couple seasons at least. That's part of being a kayaker - taking shit from your bros for f'ing up. Since you buzzards want to blow my joke up (sorry the joke wasn't funny) we might as well have a discussion.

I got nothin' against Demshitz. I even find their lingo mildly amusing. Their videos are sick as hell. I still watch that high water Yule footage about twice a year.

That said, I'd like someone to clarify what went down. (RDNEK, sounds like you know the details.) This is what I heard - please correct the inaccuracies so people know. I heard they were blaring music at the putin, didn't have a guide and thus didn't take the standard hike-in trail. The whistle issue could happen to anyone but not going with a guide and not using the same stealth precautions locals have used for years is not cool.

When I did Pandoras we found a local guide who had us change into boating gear at the takeout to minimize exposure at the putin. We literally jogged down the exposed part of the trail with boats on our head. Where the trail goes near the house we put boats in the bushes and stealthily scoped the house to see if people were home/around. If Demshitz used this kind of stealth tactic and got caught they are 100% forgiven by me. I heard they were anything but stealth.

If I f'd up access to what is possibly the best class V+ run in the state of Colorado (regardless of what happened) I'd be extremely apologetic about the situation instead of saying things like "Demshitz gets caught brown handed by brinestone cowboy." I'd be kissing the ass of every Durango paddler who just lost their backyard run.

If they were stealth I'm over it...could happen to anybody. If they weren't stealth I think it's lame that they get a free pass because "they run the shit."

doublet is offline   Reply With Quote