Mountain Buzz banner

Dates for Dagger Paddle with the Pros 2005.

2K views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  hobie 
#1 ·
I have a few dates secured for this years PWTPs and wanted to pass them on. This year is going to be a bit different and with much bigger plans. I wanted to do something other then just show up with boats and play for a few hours, so this year, be ready for some weekend get a ways. As an example I have been working with Don at Confluence on having the event of the summer at Lawson. It will include two days of free play clinics at the Lawson Hole, a BBQ and breakfast (for those that stay the night), camping, a river running clinic AND a Swift Water rescue class! The swift water will be taught by Mike Mather and will have a small fee (I will let you know about that later). The plan is to have a mini river fest in Lawson complete with in shop movies Friday night and two days of Clear Creek paddling. It is going to be a hella' party! All the stops on the tour will be similar in design so it will be fun for anyone. Even non-paddlers.
Here are the dates set so far:

May 7th and 8th 4 Corners River Sports, Durango (Swap, party, paddle)
May 20-22nd Idaho River Sports, Boise (yet to be determined)
May 27-29th CKS, Buena Vista (Big ole' blow out! Same week as Pimp & Ho party)
June 10-12th Confluence Kayaks, Denver (movie, camping, swift water class, paddling)
June 24-26th Alpine Kayak, Avon (Two days on water at Clear Creek and in the Vail area. ******* party at my house in Gypsum aka "Git-sum")
TBD- Rendezvous River Sports Jackson.

Other key events where boats will be available and just plain old great river festivals!

May 12-15 Reno river Fest.
June 1-7th Teva Mountain Games
June 17-19th FiBark
July 16-23rd Gorge Games

I’m putting a lot into this year’s tour and hope you can make plans to attend. They are going to be more then just a chance to paddle boats and learn tricks. It's about the fun of being a paddler (and big river bashes!)
See you this summer.

Paddle,
hobie
Dagger Kayaks
Paddle with the Pros Rocky Mountains

See less See more
#2 ·
Hobie help...?

:shock: Mister Hobie,

Nick here from back in the day at TTours, (bernese mountain dog pup scrapin' with Jigg pup,) ring a bell? Anyway I'm trying to hunt down Beej and Phil, I assume they moved cause the number at the house Avon is disconected. I want to get a hold of them seeing that I haven't seen them since I was moving to SD, CA almost 2 years ago! I'm planning to do some paddling out there for the spring and need to touch base with them. I went to the TV8 website to try and find some contact info to hit up bj and and what do I find? You are the newest and brightest TV personality in the valley. Congrats. Anyway, do think you can help? If not, mabe I'll call ski patrol for Phil? Actually I would most likely have a better chance calling Vendettas! Anyway I hope all is well with you and the little lady and the jiggy monster?

Here's my email if so...

nickmariuz@gmail.com

#3 ·
hey hobie, are the clear creek dates june 10-12? Do these coincide with the clear creek rodeo/races?
i'd love for y'all to have a creek clinic on the west fork, or the sections of the clear creek above lawson. Or is that too sketchy of a location for a clinic? also, will there be a fee for these clinics? swiftwater rescue sounds good.
thanks, dan

#4 ·
Im not sure of the Clear Creek race dates. I looked around the web for paddling calanders and did not see it. It may be. That would be sweet if it is! As for a fee for the clinics? No way! Totally free (except for the swiftwater class. I will get an amount on that soon). See you there.

hobie

#6 ·
Dagger Paddle w/ the Pros

Hobie,

Thanks for the post.

As Hobie had mentioned this is going to be more of a lifestyle event than a paddle around the whitewater park. This should be something fun that should be added to your calander now. We would love to meet up with the local few who turn out for the free demos and clinics, but we also want to meet your friends and family. This is going to be for everyone young and old, male or female. It's going to be play paddlers, creekers, and first timers. It's an oppertunity to for everyone to be invited to the party, meet some new friends and paddling partners, and learn from the masters.

Team D, is more than just a bunch of rodeo stars. These are indivduals that come from all over the world. Their backrounds are as diverse as they come, but they all have one thing in common. They made kayaking their lifestyle. They live and breath kayaking. And , I could imagine a better way to spend a weekend than paddling, partying, and living the kayak lifestyle.

Hope to see you all on the river.

-Don @ CK

#8 ·
Hobie,

Sounds like you got quite the agenda going on this year, nice job. Wish I could be there for a few of the events, but the warm waters of Central America have definately gotten to me this oast year.

By the way I lost my Nomad on the Cangreal a few weeks ago Ben Horton was back down here and we did a little high water run over there - no bueno :cry: .

Struth

#10 ·
Small dates change.

Here is a slightly modified PWTPs line up. I set up one for Rendezvous and also picked up Pipestone in Missoula.

May 7-8 4 Corners, Durango
May 10,11 & 15th Reno Mountain Sports, Reno
May 20-21 Pipestone, Missoula
May 27-28 CKS, Salida

June 1-7 Teva Games, Vail (Good time to try the Nomad on Homestake)
June 10-11 Confluence Kayaks, Denver (hold at the Lawson Hole)
June 16,17 & 19 Rendezvous River Sports, Jackson
June 24-25 Alpine Kayak, Avon

TBD - Idaho River Sports

See you in an eddie,

hobie
Dagger Kayaks / Paddle with the Pros
Rocky Mountain Division

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.