Old 03-27-2006   #1
Mad Scientist/Creeker
Dangerous Encounter at the Mystery Canal

Check out this account of a "Dangerous Encounter (with Johnny Law) at the Mystery Canal)

I have a feeling that this is at best a partially factual account of the events that took place that day but I also understand that they really are patrolling the Mystery Canal area daily and that nearly everyone who has been there recently has been caught. I think that the landowner is sick of catching people tresspassing participating in various forms of recreation and that he will call the sheriff and that you probably will come away with an expensive ticket. Just putting this out as a warning.

RiverWrangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2006   #2
Spits Hot Fire
N. Cascades, Washington
How dare you whipper snappers go runnin around on that dang ol land! That sucks, I wanted to hit that up sometime. Thanks for the heads up, cause................ "I got warrants, bitches" ****takes off running*****

FLOWTORCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2006   #3
Bham, Washington
Paddling Since: 1997
Thats tough stuff. Good thing we finished the dime bag already
Force is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2006   #4
Fort Collins, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1989
Send a message via Skype™ to colopaddler
mystery canal

two weeks ago we went up to check out the water flow..the canal was bone dry..we then decided to check the 1st drop for any undercuts...within a few minutes of arriving at the 1st drop we had the unwanted pleasure of meeting Mr. Sherriff. he was not very happy and with a lot of loose lip talk we were able to talk our way out of not getting arrested...he had his handcuffs in hand at the time....we were let off with a warning he held our drivers license until we drove off the property to the main gravel road.his agreement was that if no one drove by while we were leaving..he would give us our D.L.'s back at the main road..however if anyone drove by and saw us he was going to arrest us for FELONy tresspass because it is agriculteral property. he told us the old woman who owns the land is pissed off and wants no one on her advise is..forget's only one or two drops and isn't waoth the hassle!!....cheers
colopaddler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2006   #5
F 'n B ol' hag! You don't want no tresspassing ticket. I got busted on of all places,the lower Blue between the Spring creek road takeout and Gore put in.We had a raft with us and thought the lower takeout would be easier and allow a class2 beer float,there are quite a few of those little fish dams.We came upon the Blue River Ranch ,there was what appeared to be an old mining flume next to the river that looked cool to slide down into the river. We got out and inspected it ,it was lined with plexiglass ,as we hemmed and hawed about running it some people on the otherside of trhe river came down and yelled at us to get back in our boats or they would call the law.Feeling like a chastized kid I paddled on thinking that was the end of it.When we arrived at the takeout a countY sherriff,Kremmling cop,and 5 geriatric goons from the ranch were waiting,the paperwork on our tickets took a while and we missed having our cars impounded at the dam by less than 15 minutes. Had to drive up to Hot Sulpher springs on a work day pay $319 in various fines ,12 hours community service ,and probation for a year. Whoever raised hell at the Gorefest a week before,didn't help our cause. Not worth it especially for class 2~!
cayo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2006   #6
crested butte, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1990
Send a message via Yahoo to milo but friendly law enforcement down there in the MONTROSE BOX super good guy(official) offered to meet me with p b and j's down in the depths of the "hole"....just to see how things might be goin'.....not trespassin' tho'...private means private right???pick a better poach, huh??....full moon????

milo is offline   Reply With Quote