State Ref. A - Bonds for Water Projects
If you are a boater make sure you get out and vote against Ref A by next Tuesday's election. Also, make a point, to remind another boater voter, that they need to do the same thing.
If Ref A passes and the 4 billon becomes available for water storage projects you can be sure that your future Colorado boating experiences will decline, including:
1. You will live in a state (similiar to areas of California now) where many rivers run only at 30cfs all year long.
2. You will lose a few existing runs under some of these future water storage projects.
3. Water developers, not nature, will decide when you get to boat (ie; turn the water on).
4. The biological health of our creeks and rivers will decline. Waterways thrive with naturally and consistent seasonal flows, not with artifically scheduled dam releases related to human consumption and politics.
5. Ultimately, more stored water, means more population growth for Colorado.
Let the water flow to California.