Old 06-16-2005   #1
daisy, slate

are they going to be runnable this weekend? always wanted to run them but never have and want to get on it before it gets to low.

tom scheuermann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2005   #2
Edwards, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2001
and to add to that question, anybody got an idea what OBJ's level is gonna be this weekend? the gauge is around 700 now and rising steadily over the past few days. so is 800 or 900 high? or medium?

Bryan Houle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2005   #3
Denver, Colorado
Not an expert on the flows there, but that gauge reading will be the highest I've ever run OB. It is 730 right now and I imagine by the time I get there on Sunday it will be a few hunded cfs higher. I've run it super low (don't remember the guage reading) and a couple times at what I've been told was medium. I think the gauge was in the 5-600 range then.

That guage is the total from the Slate by the campground and OBJ which enters below. I think the Slate fork contributes a little more than half, someone correct me if I'm wrong.

It's a blast, enjoy!
Livingston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2005   #4

ran it memorial day weekend and the guage was around 1,000, I think that was on the medium to high range, 700-800 should be right at medium. going to run it tomorrow.
tom scheuermann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2005   #5
Laramie, Wyoming
Paddling Since: 1992
Can anyone comment on the wood/snow situation on Slate and Daisy? Sounded grim a week or two ago, any improvement? Milo, dude, brah? Ya out there?
badkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2005   #6
crested butte, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1990
Send a message via Yahoo to milo
....cb report....

....daisy is clogged with wood and avalanche debris "years away" he said....slate is full and ready to bros stayed here this weekend and said obj is cranking(med high-high)....seems that our 2nd hole at the play park is damaged/washed outish or something....was on the Animas the day before and day after the accident....lost paddles & boats with overnight gear, broken boats, shattered dreams and hungry boaters....that was the scene at the take out on thur.....was ssuper fun but swims where lengthy as were boat and paddle chases!....race day was juicy(17-1900 at put-in)...was superb!!......chunder session in top of 10 MILE....and another in NO NAME....but was great fun and painless.....sad day on sorrows to those who feel this the most....
milo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2005   #7
Bro Bra Blah Blah Blah
Lakehood, Colorado
Paddling Since: 99
Send a message via AIM to K2boater
I was on the Upper the day the incident took place. Milo---Im friends with Brent T, he said he saw you guys from the train.

We were launching from Needleton when an empty raft floated by and had no one chasing after it. Sign Number one the something was wrong.

We then saw the Flight for Life Heli then a news heli...sign number two-BAD!!

and finally after a dry mouth and the shakes i walked around the meat of Broken Bridge to snap photos of the group. A few of the group saw what you never want to see.

The river was juicy and non-stop. Thoughts and prayers go out to the friends and the family of a lost brother.

Be safe and keep an eye on one another

K2boater is offline   Reply With Quote