Old 11-09-2015   #1
Czech Republic, Prague
Paddling Since: 1996
Send a message via Skype™ to kayakjorge
dagger jitsu or wavesport project x

hi folks,

i am into improving my playboating and i need some advice when choosing a better boat...i know it s relative but i have narrowed it down to the jitsu or a project x. i am 57 and 149lbs,...people say both ar good boths, and comfort wise they seem to be good, and the jistu 5.5 is a good option but i wonder about the project 48 because it has more length and it would seem better for cartwheeling and iniciating moves in flat water and in small holes/waves. not into the loops and air yet, so anyone could throw in their two cents, would be great. i cant demo them but some people say the jitsu is slow while others say it s fast and great. but the length of the jitsu is what concerns me. which one would be better all in all? (this would include some river running (class 3-4)...appreciate any help!!!

kayakjorge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2015   #2
from Netherlands
harderwijk, netherlands
hi jorge , In my opinion the project-x is a really good boat. the outfitting of the two boats are similar. The wavesport initiates moves so easy.

but to be honest i never paddled the jitsu my self. i did paddle many of the other brands freestyle boats, and that's how I know that the project-x kicks ass !

Brenno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2015   #3
Czech Republic, Prague
Paddling Since: 1996
Send a message via Skype™ to kayakjorge
Hi Brenno,

Thanks for your sharing. Yes, lots of good comments on the wavesport Px, initiation of moves is important so I am quite convinved it will be that one. Thanks
kayakjorge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2015   #4
Golden, 80401
Paddling Since: 2013
I've paddled a Jitsu and the old Project (but not the X). I'm a bigger guy around 6'3 195 lbs with pretty big feet, so I liked the foot room in the front of the Jitsu. I also really like the Dagger outfitting in the Jitsu, especially the ratchet thigh supports on the seats. The jitsu also seemed decent on class 3-4, but definitely gets thrown around a little in bigger water.
tyberesk is offline   Reply With Quote