Old 08-03-2008   #21
Have you tried both yet?

Hi, I now have an Agent and I especially love it's quickness, fit, comfort and outfitting, the seat tilter feature is ingenious and the easy rolling factor certainly doesn't hurt. I actually really prefer the feel of the Agent when in a feature, maybe it's the plastic? It's fantastic for running the river ,and I enjoy making it onto features that I couln't get to in a slower boat. I do run into a tendency of getting a bit far on my right edge past the point of return so my off side roll technique and edge response is being challanged, other than a lobotomy, any suggestions other than practice? So that's just me, I have a ton of admiration and appreciation for the entire Jackson family and my 2 best girlfriends both have Funs and love them, but I also think that the Dagger team is really great and humble. It really was a kick looping my Star and yet my Kingpin was my first great playboat and my Agent the second so again it's a touchy personal subject and I am wondering which you preferred. I noticed that it's really difficult to even find an Agent for sale, so good luck.

LYNN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2008   #22
Seattle, Washington
I've now paddle both. Lot's of good about both of 'em, but - the agent just sucks surfing flat or glassy waves. The kick-tail wants to be touching water, so you are fighting to keep the hull on the water. Several of us paddled the boat and had the same experience. If you're on a great breaking wave, it's a hoot, but on anything flat or glassy, it just sucks.

For my weight, the agent wins for throwing ends. The superstar wins for hull-speed. I've spend a couple of hours in the L pyranha Rev, and that may be the winner of the three. I still haven't decided between SS and Rev.

uh eau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2008   #23
Wow, I'll try and change my balance point, thanx.

I have the Agent 6.0 and fit mid range in the Dagger suggested paddler weight and hopefully I will see some changes with trying a more forward balance point and I rarely pearl so we'll see. Have you ever tried the 6.2?

LYNN is offline   Reply With Quote